[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: ETS2 Convoy #4 - 01/07/14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: banner4.png]

Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer - Convoy #4 - Tuesday 1st July 2014

Time: 18:30 BST (GMT+1)
Starting Point: Decide on the night
Destination: Decide on the night

To get involved, simply join our Teamspeak server before we start: ts.city-driving.co.uk

Convoy #3 - 22/06/14: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...?tid=12794
Convoy #2 - 26/05/14: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...?tid=12305
Convoy #1 - 25/05/14: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...?tid=12290
We all like to piss about a bit, but unless the convoy is small that really won't work. The last convoys pretty much failed due to it, so i advised a few basic guidelines. It really depends on all participants wether the convoy will work or not and we can always piss around a bit at the end.

Leave Space

It might look on your screen as if you are far infront of a truck you just overtook, while on the other guys screen you are still next to him. So if you think the distance to pull back in is safe then you might be mistaken. Rule of thumb here is to double the distance you deem safe before you pull back into his lane.
The synchronisation in that regard is still a bit terrible. There is nothing wrong with leaving a bigger gap than necessary.

Also leave a safe distance to the truck infront as their game might crash, lag or they need to stop quickly due to a crash infront. Apply common sense basicly.

Convoy leader picks a low and steady speed

For large convoys the speed should be around 60-80km/h \-/ 37-50mph. Especially after junctions the gaps between the trucks will widen while everyone gets up to speed again, so to close these gaps the following trucks will have to go faster than the truck infront of them to close it again.

This will get worse the further back you are in the convoy. However since we can not increase the speed infinitely, you will have to wait till one truck after the other closes the gap to the person infront of him.

This can take quite some time, thats why the leader of the convoy has to pick a low and constant speed. Drastic speed changes will have a similar effect in creating gaps within the convoy, so if you are leading then think ahead and anticipate.

Also keep in mind that not everyone has a powerful engine or a light load.

Drive Properly

Rather simple one, don't drive like a douche and also think ahead a bit.
Basicly means:

- Keep within your lane
- Keep your place in the convoy
- No unecessary overtaking
- No overtaking on country roads
- Let other random truckers pass
- Anticipate their mistakes
- Drive defensively, rather avoid a crash that contribute to it

Keep cool

Wether we stick to these guidelines or not there will always be accidents. May that be from people within the convoy or random players, but just keep your cool. If you retaliate you will only make it worse for the rest of the convoy and might cause a huge pile up.

Sounds easy but can be diffcult, so try your best.

We will leave a man behind

Be on time basicly, we won't wait for everyone and leave at some point.
And if you get crashed and are unable to continue then you are on your own.

Go to a service station[F7+RETURN], repair your truck and try finding your way back the convoy. You can ask or directions and use the maps provided by the game. You are a big boy now.

Lets hope that will make the future convoys less messy unless we want to obviously. And if you have additions feel free to post them too.
(2014-07-01 09:36)Pipa Wrote: [ -> ]Keep cool

Wether we stick to these guidelines or not there will always be accidents. May that be from people within the convoy or random players, but just keep your cool. If you retaliate you will only make it worse for the rest of the convoy and might cause a huge pile up.

Sounds easy but can be diffcult, so try your best.

Bez..
(2014-06-30 19:07)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]To get involved, simply join our Teamspeak server before we start:ts.city-driving.co.uk

I would love to join your convoy tonight but I don't have a mic.Unsure
So my question is can I join the convoy without joining TS?
(2014-07-01 11:45)SuperGoofy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-30 19:07)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]To get involved, simply join our Teamspeak server before we start:ts.city-driving.co.uk

You don't have to have a microphone to join Teamspeak (eh, Nick?). I suppose they just want you there so you can listen in and find out where you're departing from, the route etc. Smile
(2014-07-01 11:52)DanielP Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-01 11:45)SuperGoofy Wrote: [ -> ]

You don't have to have a microphone to join Teamspeak (eh, Nick?). I suppose they just want you there so you can listen in and find out where you're departing from, the route etc. Smile

Ok thanks! Now I just have to download TS Smile
The reason being on TS is a good idea is because you'll know where we're starting, where we're going, what's happening up and down the convoy etc. No microphone is required, just listen in.
There's an echo in here.
I hope Franky won't join the convoy Wink

He should stay to darts and let others handle driving.

Btw, Good guidelines!
Apparently he sucks at darts aswell.
Oh, had this idea of the trucks without trailers staying behind/after the trucks WITH trailers in the convoy. ( If possible )
That way we could avoid them speeding (past the leaders speed) and doing other trickery along the way?
Hey, could someone please update here where is the convoy starting point because i can't download TS. When I click download, it just says Error 502, Bad gateway. Scared
SuperGoofy, here's the download link. This version is a bit out-of-date, but it'll autoupdate at first lauch.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1455...3.0.12.exe
Starting in 9 minutes.
Thank You Guynter!W00t

Edit: Gyunter* W00t
Canceled due to ets2mp problems

Apparently the DLC skins released by the ets2 developing team *click* are causing a few problems. People that don't have the dlc will have their game crash everytime somebody with the new dlc skins appears.

Only a theory at the moment, but a lot of us are unable to play and get constant crashes, so we will cancel this for now and try it another day.

Sorry guys.
Haha, I soooo knew this gonna happen when I noticed the update was downloaded via Steam.
If SCS would only put all the effort making new paintschemes into developing a decent native multiplayer support instead. WABOM
Wouldn't it be better if you guys decide the starting point and the destination couple of hours before the convoy starts? That would save time and everybody would be ready in the starting point when the convoy starts.
I personally don't have the cheated profile ( I have only 2 garages atm) so it's a bit hard to get to the starting point in a short time. (And I don't want that profile)

Why do you guys decide the starting point and destination just before the convoy starts? Any specific reason?
SuperGoofy, using your own profile in multiplayer will corrupt it so the drivers you've hired would not make income to your company anymore. So you'd better rethink about downloading cheated profile for multiplayer use.
Setting at least the starting destination is a good idea.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's