[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Possible burnt out card?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
'No ATI graphics driver is installed or the ATI driver is not functioning properly. please install the ATI driver appropriate for your ATI hardware'

Aero won't work, Intel HD card is the only thing on the device manager (runs 30fps on LFS, so *Removed* that) and although the driver and Catalyst install, they disappear post restart...

Card is a HD5650 Mobile
So your problem is that your Device manager doesn't show your graphics hardware, also having low FPS in-game. That sounds familiar as I had this problem just a few weeks ago.

1. Uninstall all of your graphics card drivers and similar from Control Panel > Programs and Features.
2. Reboot your system.
3. Download the fresh drivers and install them.
4. Reboot and check if works.

You might also want to clean the registry from previous actions.

Here is a website to download your latest drivers: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download#1
(2014-07-06 15:05)entY Wrote: [ -> ]3. Download the fresh drivers and install them.

(2014-07-06 14:39)fakedeath Wrote: [ -> ]although the driver and Catalyst install, they disappear post restart...

Hmmm.

The easiest way to see if your GPU is knackered is to try another one. Can you maybe fetch a friend's graphics card and test that? If it works flawlessly and the drivers install then the problem is most likely the hardware.
AJ, he has a laptop graphics card. It'll be pretty difficult for him to test another card. Mellow

Could be a software bug like I had with my 7850. Have you tried downgrading or updating (if they are out of date) you drivers? AMD's drivers can be buggy. If you've recently updated your drivers then maybe you could try and revert to the last working driver.

Good luck! Smile
(2014-07-06 15:34)Audiojack Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-06 15:05)entY Wrote: [ -> ]3. Download the fresh drivers and install them.

(2014-07-06 14:39)fakedeath Wrote: [ -> ]although the driver and Catalyst install, they disappear post restart...

Yes, I might have misunderstood the OP, but as it was rather close to the problem I had, thought of adding some advice would help him by any chances. Though I highly doubt it's the fault of the graphics card itself, after a research on the Internet and the error message, all roads lead to the drivers.
Reference URL's