[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Gumball 2014 - Track Announcement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: main.png]

Track Announcement

This year's Gumball track will be Montana (AS5X) for both weeks of the rally.

This means we've had to amend the track rotation schedule slightly. Weston Park will be on for two weeks now followed by Sydney for one week. Then it's two weeks of Gumball on Montana, then back to Sydney for one more week before continuing with the current track rotation schedule.

Why?

Last year, the first week was occupied by Jamaica and the second by Montana. The problem with this is that the track on the first week was considerably slower, giving drivers who were less active during the second week a disadvantage when it came to the 14 day distance challenge and the pedal to the metal award. This year, to make the competition fairer, we will be using Montana for two weeks.

If the new Westhill patch comes out during the rally, will we use it?

If the Westhill test patch is made available during the Gumball, we will not be making the transition to the test patch, we will stay with the latest stable patch 0.6F.

If a new stable patch is released during the Gumball containing the Westhill updates (Unlikely), we will consider switching to it if we are able to make a layout of a high enough standard in time.

Thanks
2 weeks of Montana? Me likey. Smile

I think this'll give some really good kms for those taking part (and a lot of lost money on Hillside).

Save up everyone!
Montana yay! I could imagine what would have happened if South City would have been on during Gumball (everyone driving as fast as possible= massive crashes)
pfft, you could of just kept the Sydney track on for 2 weeks....

And ofc ban all
the crashers
(2014-07-11 20:00)Toni Wrote: [ -> ]pfft, you could of just kept the Sydney track on for 2 weeks....

And ofc ban all
the crashers

Sounds totally practical. Wink
Daaaamn, soo happy now! This' going to be fun. Tongue
This year will be a good-un! Better be up 24/7 Matt, I'm comin' for you Gumball!
I can imagine distances being really long this year, kilometres literally just fly on Montana.
Yeah and there will be lots of competitors, Good luck to all!
Smile
(2014-07-11 20:26)Blacktop Wrote: [ -> ]This year will be a good-un! Better be up 24/7 Matt, I'm comin' for you Gumball!

I loves me a challenge.

Wink

Can't say I get on with AS5X...but I know how to milk it dry.
Nice!

I will admit, I did notice that South City coincided with the 2nd week of Gumball, and I wasn't exactly looking forward to the prospect of doing long mileage on that map. Montana, on the other hand, just seems to eat the miles up.
Reference URL's