[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Lunar Landing - 45th Anniversary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Tonight, these words, spoken by Neil Armstrong, turn 45.
The first manned lunar landing succeeded exactly 45 years ago, at 20:17 UTC.
(21:17 UK time / 22:17 German time, or roughly 80 minutes after this post.)

[Image: Apollo_11_Lunar_Module_from_Distance.jpg]

Further reading:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_11

and watching
"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." Some of the most famous words uttered by a human being, absolutely amazing stuff.

Thanks Chuck for a reminder of this! Smile
I remember watching a huge program on the conspiracy on this. Was pretty eye opening. All in all amazing if they did actually land there and if they pulled it off.
Certainly an amazing feat in humanity, I do despise how America brag about it but that's what they do Tongue they did race to get a man on the moon and they did it well. As far as I remember, it's been a long time since a man last stepped on the moon I believe. Which is a shame but I suppose they have spent all the money they need on that part of the research.

Next stop.. Mars Smile
(2014-07-20 22:57)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]I remember watching a huge program on the conspiracy on this. Was pretty eye opening. All in all amazing if they did actually land there and if they pulled it off.

People often seem to forget that, in total, 6 missions landed on the moon. Not just one. And all of them left evidence there or brought it back to earth.
I'd really like to see that again during my lifetime. Not necessarily the Mars, a moon landing would be exciting enough. Maybe install a webcam thereSmile I'm not convinced that today's computer technology is able too. Judged by the fault rate in hardware and software, not the performanceWink
Let us not forget the men who first went to the moon though.

Buzz Aldrin, Neil Armstrong and uh, the other guy-what's his name...

Oh yeah, Michael Collins-not brother of Phil.
(2014-07-21 12:25)fakedeath Wrote: [ -> ]
Oh yeah, Michael Collins-not brother of Phil.

He technically didn't go to the moon, he stayed in the orbiter. He still had a big role in the mission though.
Reference URL's