[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: flight AH5017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Airliners might not crash as often when compared to other traffic types, but when an airplane crashes the chances of death are at least 90%..

This is getting really scary, and doesn't help me get over my fear of flying :/

Poor people dies for no reason, and their families suffer a lot.. I hope they rest in peace.
Roba Wrote:but when an airplane crashes the chances of death are at least 90%..

That statistic seems way too high. Did you make it up or get it from some site?

Quote:Even if a plane does crash, statistics show that the majority of such incidents do not result in any passenger deaths. A National Transportation Safety Board study found in 2001 that 95.7 percent of passengers involved in plane crashes survive.

Source: http://www.ibtimes.com/after-air-algerie...sh-1638206

Which is the total opposite of what you're saying, however 95.7 survival seems too high, but at least more accurate.
Well, if it crashes from mid-air, more what I meant. Sure if it crashes while taking off or while landing, it's not that dangerous..

And having the most crashes happen at slower speeds.
(2014-07-24 20:27)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]Which is the total opposite of what you're saying, however 95.7 survival seems too high, but at least more accurate.

I guess it comes down to how they defined "airplane crash" in that statistic. It could be everything from a blown tire during landing to a plane slamming into the ground vertically at high speeds. So without the source that number leaves more questions than it answers.

E: http://www.ntsb.gov/doclib/safetystudies/SR0101.pdf

Quote:10
Substantial damage is defined in 49 CFR 830.2 as damage or failure which adversely affects the
structural strength, performance, or flight characteristics of the aircraft, and would normally require major
repair or replacement of the affected equipment.

They reviewed quite a broad range of aircraft related incidents, which is probably why the survivability rate is so high.
It is common sense that a plane slamming into the ground vertically will result in higher fatalities. Of course it depends on the type of crash, but hardly any crashes are that extreme.

I am not sure how they define crash, maybe when damage is sustained to the aircraft on ground.
(2014-07-24 20:57)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure how they define crash, maybe when damage is sustained to the aircraft on ground.

Found it in the source and edited it up there. They have quite a broad definition and might include incidents which i would not consider to be an "accident" or "crash".
I have to fly back to The Netherlands in 29 days... and my mother is going to fly tomorrow.

Too much coincidence? 3 Planes in 1 month? And 1 still missing since 3-4 Months
Maybe its safezone there that plane going Frozen?
(2014-07-24 21:18)Jimmy Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe its safezone there that plane going Frozen?

Yes gladly it is, from Spain to Amsterdam ( The Netherlands ) with a plane of KLM Airlines

Hopefully nothing happens, Ive seen that they've found wreckage of the plane from Algeria Airlines....

Now lets see the reason of the accident...
Boojaa, got a flight from New York to Helsinki...
This is apparently the official list of banned zones for planes. There you can see where its dangerous or prohibited to fly due to security measures.

As you can see Algeria Airlines crashed in a "High Risk" zone.

If we continue like this it will be morelike impossible to fly just cause of some people who are destroying people's life... Cant understand how this went so far , and hopefully they take strict actions against all this zones.

See pic

[Image: article-2704018-1FEFC61600000578-674_634x592.jpg]
Well, I'll only travel with Putin in the future.

Too many innocent people dying in these
The wreck of the Algerian airliner that crashed in Mali found, near the border with Burkina Faso
Don't forget about Taiwan...

m.bbc.com/news/world-asia-28457657

Still a safer way of travelling than a car.
Don't forget about Taiwan...

m.bbc.com/news/world-asia-28457657

Still a safer way of travelling than by car.
There are no survivors of the AH5017 Flight, adding so 118 deads to this month... Also the ATR-72 From TransAsia which adds another 48 deads...
It is unfortunate and unlucky that this happens, but there is nothing unusual. It is in no way rare to have this amount of accidents in such a period of time. Only the amount of fatalities might be higher than usual.

2011 - 6 aircraft accidents within the month of July
2010 - 3 aircraft accidents within 2 days in November, another 2 later that month

Only flight MH-017 is unusual because I would rather call it terrorism than an accident.
This is unbelievable Sad Certainly tragic... Rest in piece to the victims on-board, Let's hope the mistakes are brought up upon like usual to prevent this happening again..
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's