[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Crashing Fatality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Here is an idea that I just got today while I was thinking about how to make lfs more realistic, and cause people to be more careful when driving in the City Driving Server.

I think the insim should have a feature that is added, so that when a player crashes very hard into another person (right now only a "heavy crash has resulted" shows up) or a player runs into a barrier at a high rate of speed, or flips their car, rather than being able to continue to drive, the insim would state to the driver (much like getting a ticket) that they are fatally wounded and cannot drive. Then if the player would attempt to continue driving, they would be spectated.

In order to be "saved" the driver would have to wait till medics or cops arrived (automatically called when a fatal injury occurs), then the medic or cop would have to tow the player to a designated "hospital zone" (a special safe zone) where the suspect could then pit and continue to drive. I believe also when the fatally injured suspect pits in the hospital, a health care fee would be issued...

What do you guys think?
This is a game and not real life which is usually a bad argument but in this case it is pretty effective...

People want to drive without dying, that's why we play this.

It's also unfair and hindering to those who get hit by people who can't keep right.
True, it could be interesting Tongue But maybe frustrating...
Nobody wants to wait ages before they get towed
NO thanks!
(2014-07-25 15:22)Eruaran Wrote: [ -> ]Then if the player would attempt to continue driving, they would be spectated.

at this part i stopped reading....

No thanks
What if there is no COP/MED on the server?
Also, being forced to spectate would cause you to lose the "Trip" kilometers, so it's a -1 from me
Loss of trip sucks.

Definite no.
Forcing you to lose your trip if you continue driving is what makes my vote a stern NO.

Also, when I'm on in the relatively dead hours (which is frequent for me), there aren't any medics online.
Slightly modified i actually like this idea. My change would be:

After a heavy crash and incase your car stayed upright, you will need to wait till a med has arrived and spend 5-10 seconds mending you, for which he will receive a small amount of money. If no med is online, all meds are busy and/or you have waited longer than 120 seconds, this gameplay element would disable itself.

It would also be disabled during chases and for all COP/TOW/MED/RES for obvious reasons.
How about a safety rating? Like there is on racing servers such as CG? Not saying "steal" there idea, but this idea is not a bad idea if you modify it practically. Obviously its a game and it's a cop's and robbers server, so lets keep it that way. The idea is that the higher the safety rating the cheaper the tickets cops may give to the driver if it's a crash related ticket (dangerous, careless driving or causing an accident etc). The lower the safety rating, the more dangerous they are on the road so like insurance in the UK, the tickets would cost more although, it maybe a little unfair due to general accidents. Or maybe even restrict them to lower level cars such as TBO's or GTI's? Just to make things a little more interesting and varieable so not everyone is driving FZ's and XFR's or UFR's all fast cars etc. That's just a write down what's in my head thing haha. Hope it makes sense, ofc it is just a suggestion.

I like Pipa's suggestion too, however, all this does seem a bit overly complicated and it would require a rather big change to the insim which is unlikely going to happen in the foreseeable :/ future
(2014-07-25 16:57)LuckyLuke Wrote: [ -> ]How about a safety rating?

RC (Reality Cruise) run a very similar system to what you're suggesting and although it works I think it would be too unfair for somebody who potentially gets rammed and looses their safety rating meaning they can't drive their favorite cars Unsure
But you'll have to wait untill a COP or a TOW untill he comes to save you lol..

my idea is if you crash into a Barrier/player you'll lose 0.2% From the car condition that you're driving , better than being on track waiting for someone to help you.
And that would mean people will be buying new cars once every few weeks, also not a good idea in my opinion Unsure
(2014-07-25 17:52)RacerSS Wrote: [ -> ]But you'll have to wait untill a COP or a TOW untill he comes to save you lol..

my idea is if you crash into a Barrier/player you'll lose 0.2% From the car condition that you're driving , better than being on track waiting for someone to help you.

I would like that... if it was possible to determine who was the cause of the accident, but it's not possible so that idea is pretty much out of the window IMO.
I like this idea if it were to be made work in a good way, because of the reason the emergency services would actually be useful for something only they can do.

Pipa's modified idea is pretty nice, although quite complex to code in the insim i imagine.
(2014-07-25 17:14)Howlin Wrote: [ -> ]I think it would be too unfair for somebody who potentially gets rammed and looses their safety rating meaning they can't drive their favorite cars Unsure

Exactly, just look at Special... He'll be driving a bloody UF1 for the rest of his life! Tongue

Pipa's idea definitely sounds good, +1 to that if it can be done. Thumbup
(2014-07-25 16:04)Pipa Wrote: [ -> ]Slightly modified i actually like this idea. My change would be:

After a heavy crash and incase your car stayed upright, you will need to wait till a med has arrived and spend 5-10 seconds mending you, for which he will receive a small amount of money. If no med is online, all meds are busy and/or you have waited longer than 120 seconds, this gameplay element would disable itself.

It would also be disabled during chases and for all COP/TOW/MED/RES for obvious reasons.

I like this idea Smile I have to admit I did not think of when no meds were on Smile (it was just a rough idea... so I am glad it sounds at least half decent Tongue)
Quote:I would like that... if it was possible to determine who was the cause of the accident, but it's not possible so that idea is pretty much out of the window IMO.

Simply it will be done depending on the speed

Here is an example:

i Crashed you while my speed is : 170 Km/h and your speed is just 120km/h

i lose 0.2% of my car condition, you lose just 0.1% from your car condition Wink

so the car involved in the crash Got higher speed is the car that will lose more %% from the car condition

crashes that are under the Speed of 120 Won't take anything of the car condition

Hope you got my point
Regards
So the car condition will lower if somebody pulls on you while you're doing 200 kmh ?
(2014-07-25 23:20)RedJohn Wrote: [ -> ]So the car condition will lower if somebody pulls on you while you're doing 200 kmh ?

Obviously it would be the car that's going quicker getting the higher condition loss, be it unfair or not, that's what would happen, unless it's a truck vs a Mini...

But, Ahmed, what BP was saying is that the InSim would have to be coded to 'know' who was going quicker to get the higher condition loss, which would of course make more work for Chuck.

And what Howlin already pointed out, people would buy cars way too frequently, thus, losing more money, unless some 'scrap' money idea could be applied for when the car reaches 0 condition. Then that money could go towards something like this idea.

Would you be able to code the InSim to send some money to a savings account for the 'Lottery'/future events after the car has reached 0 condition? That way, this idea could have some meaning so that cars can generate some money instead of just disappearing into thin air and people spending their money on a new one.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's