[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: MP Replay - Out Of Stash Space
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I keep getting this error "MP replay - Out of stash space" that makes me lag out of the server. I've just started getting it today and I have no idea why it's doing it. I have more than 20 GB of space left on the hard drive it's stored on.

I've been playing for 2 hours since it began and I've lost connection 4 or 5 times because of it.

I do autosave my replays and I'd really rather not turn it off, especially during the Gumball.

[Image: LFS2014-08-0123-17-02-49.png]

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Kenwood
Try unplug your Ethernet cable it always works for me
Other way around. That message is just the symptom, but the actual cause is that you're lagging out of the server.

There is no official explanation on this matter but from what I've heard over the years, when lfs saves the replay to disk, it saves the remote data and the local data in a chronological stream. If the remote stream fails to work (lag or other networking issues), it can't combine both streams any more.
Since there is always some delay over network, there exists some little buffer, that's what I think, is the so called "stash space". So the local data waits in that stash space until the matching data over network has arrived (with matching timestamp or whatever).
However, you can see, if the network gets worse, more and more local data gets into the buffer, waiting for it's remote counterpart. But at some point, the buffer is full, and the whole system collapses.
It may sound stupid but everytime I had this I cleaned my "mprs" folder , deleted all the replays , tried again and I didnt have any problems again.

Thats my experience, however the solution may be what Chuck said, something releated to you timing out.
I had the problem too, but it kinda fixed itself when I got a more stable connection. Good luck on finding the cause of the problem. Smile
It is what Chuck posted. I also had this error a few times when my connection was unstable.

Fix your connection and the error will go away.
Thanks, last night I reset my modem/router (single unit) and everything seems to be working out well.

Once again, thanks! Biggrin

Kenwood
Reference URL's