[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Helping with the test?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Tc Forum.

Today I was driving on the server and a guy took the medic test. He asked about the questions on the Chat and people answered, can this really be legal doing it on this way? If you just can copy-->paste it to The server then there is no idea in having the test? arent they made so you know they know just a litte bit about the rules?

~Iceman
To clarify, it was only one question I answered and it was in regard to the name tag. Seeing as Pete answered a question for a user when they were doing the test yesterday, I see it is fine helping someone for something so little. Literally helping them with the entire test is unacceptable as it's not necessarily testing their knowledge, more their ability to get knowledge from others, hence why the necessary resources (manual and rules) are in place.
Daniel, not saying that you did anything wrong, but some people answered every singel question, you only helped him with 1 and in my eyes thats okay but more than that is not.
Fair enough, I did only see that question hence why I answered it; I wasn't aware he was just asking all the questions to others.
There should really be a system in the insim which detects whether you are doing a test, while you are doing the test, the insim should have an auto detect system for the test system which detects questions about the test. Then if some one asks a question about the test they will be given a warning then the next time will be failing the test and waiting for the cool down period. It should also be done for pm, local and channel chat. That's my idea.
That would be an unfathomably difficult thing to implement. Besides, the idea behind the test is to learn. If people are asking questions about the test then they will only learn from these discussions. Thus the tests are a success.
I know Pete
It would be difficult but learning wouldnt be asking other people. Thats just lazy. The test was designed to be done independently not publicly.
(2014-08-15 21:57)Cameron T Wrote: [ -> ]I know Pete
It would be difficult but learning wouldnt be asking other people. Thats just lazy. The test was designed to be done independently not publicly.

I'm not suggesting people should be asking for every answer, but one or two doesn't hurt.
Ok. Now i understand
Reference URL's