[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Found bug with VIN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Protector joined today, and needed a car, so I say go to market, it saves your money. So I suggested the AAAID, but he didn't work to buy, !buy AAAID
Also the Listed for is missing at that XFG
Now he bought another car and it worked.

Thats a weird bug.
Maybe it was sold quicker than he typed?
I reloaded the page a few times, but still he was on the list.
Even when he bought the other car
Now he is gone.
Maybe someone else had done the !buy command and not confirmed/cancelled it yet? At which point, that car would be locked for anyone else to get it, but still on the list because it hadn't actually been sold yet.
I can't see any reasons for that tbh. Unfortunately, Protector did never say in chat what the problem was. So I dont know what the Insim-response was, when he tried.
Btw, what does "Listed Off" mean?
''Listed for'' (The time when its on the marked) appeared by that car
Yes that, thanks speed

But chuck, he did exactly the same with the other car, and he can buy that one.
Well, that listed time is explainable. It was a bug with the minute-display. Everything between 1-59 minutes wasn't shown. But that is solved already and was only a displaying issue, so it didn't effect the functionality at all.

The actual insim response is important so that I can narrow down the piece of code to look though. For instance, if the response was a syntax error, he could have accidentally copied an invisible character from the webpage.
Furthermore some strange things were going on that night. Two timestamps which are supposed to be written together were like one minute apart. The only reason for that would be a massive load on the server. Which doesn't necessarily explain Protectors problem too.

Next time try to inform me when the problem is acute.
I think I found something that could have been the problem. If you buy a used car outside of a SafeZone then the confirmation dialog pops up for a moment and then instantly disappears again. It's a design issue, I'm gonna take care of it when I'm working next on it.
Reference URL's