[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Ability to remove your own posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Came up with the thought that we need the ability to remove our own posts.

Reasons:

Make a mistake
Realize it isn't exactly on topic
Save forum moderators time and effort.

NOTE: Your post would not be able to be removed if it has been replied to or there is a post below it

Just makes things so much easier and there isn't really any problems it could cause if you read my note.

If it cant be removed when a reply has been made then threads will still always make sense and stuff.

This should also be for threads that also do not have ant replies on them.

There is a preview button and edit tool, but once its posted its posted. You have to wait for an moderator to sort the issue if it is in the wrong place. If you notice it is in the wrong place after you post it then you can just simply remove it yourself and repost it in the correct sub forum.

Been investigating how this works, you can remove all the text from a thread and check the box which will delete the post. It also says if it is the first post it will delete the whole thread, now i don't know if that means the OP or 'thread' or the actual first reply. neither do i have permissions to perform this for obvious reasons but this needs to be fixed.
Yea I wouldn't mind allowing us to delete posts.
I think the reason it was disabled was because people were making threads, getting upset about opinions from others and then deleting their first post this deleting the entire thread. It was quite annoying to look for a thread only to realise its been deleted.
It got abused by a few people and thats why it got removed. If you need something deleted then just ask us and we will take care of it.
(2014-08-22 06:23)Pipa Wrote: [ -> ]It got abused by a few people and thats why it got removed. If you need something deleted then just ask us and we will take care of it.

I'm not sure if we take 'please delete this thread' requests. In any case, I think it would be dumped/(privately archived) rather than deleted off the database.

Though I'm sure some regular person deleted their own thread the other day, could be mistaken.
It's about posts, not entire threads, BP.
(2014-08-22 07:28)Ras Wrote: [ -> ]It's about posts, not entire threads, BP.

If you delete the first post, the whole thread goes. There is a chance it works differently with different settings, I am not fully sure of the ACP options.

But I did think Pipa was talking about threads when he was talking about posts, I was mistaken there. I don't see a problem with deleting a post if it was in case of a bug or something.
(2014-08-22 07:30)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]But I did think Pipa was talking about threads when he was talking about posts...

I was talking in general may that be posts or complete threads.
You guys never understood what I'm trying to say here.

The post would only be able to be deleted if it had not been replied to.

Same applies for the actual threads too.

If there is no reply below the one you want to delete you may delete it.

That why people can't remove a whole thread because they disagree with the opinions as BP quoted.
Simple solution:

Think before you post

Problem solved.
Reference URL's