[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Which is the better controller?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A steering wheel with force feedback or mouse?

I was thinking about this for a while. I don't mean which do you or I prefer but which is better for racing?

Or are they equal to each other?
If its for racing then wheel definitely but if it's for cruising then either doesn't really matter
Wheel is 100 times bether
It is possible to be as fast with mouse as it is with a wheel, in fact, the quickest method of driving is probably mouse + pedals. In the end though, a force feedback wheel makes the sim far more enjoyable, plus you can become more consistent than you would be with mouse.

In short, over short distances, both are pretty equal if used properly. Over longer distances, wheel will always win, both in comfort and consistency.

A good beginners wheel is the DFGT, you can pick one up online, barely used for around €90 / £70 / $116.
mouse
Mouse becouse my G27 FFB dosent work :/
(2014-09-01 18:33)Spark Wrote: [ -> ]Mouse becouse my G27 FFB dosent work :/

Dat reason Doe!

But yeah, buy a wheel, more uses than for a mouse in driving games, and gives better experience in playing.
(2014-09-01 18:16)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]which is better for racing?

(2014-09-01 18:31)Val Wrote: [ -> ]mouse

At least give a reason Val.
(2014-09-01 19:17)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-01 18:16)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]which is better for racing?

(2014-09-01 18:31)Val Wrote: [ -> ]mouse

At least give a reason Val.

Just see how fast he is. There the reason

OT: I recommend wheel, for racing helps you a lot more. Also an advantage to have pedals to play with in turns, may save you some time
Will be honest my wheel does work with other games [G27] and will be honest. Best Experience Ever Heart i mean i really love to drift but becouse of my sisters cant use it as such :/
Wheel is much better I think because of the experience and not only that, all the practice you will have can also help you to be a better driver in real life. To start off on a wheel, I think the DFGT is a great option, it is cheap and reliable and you have 900 degrees. That's my opinion anyway which I think it is a win win! Smile
Lol what a question. Its like asking for the best colour. However, automobile manufacturers consider wheels to be the best option to steer a vehicle. I don't know of a single car with mouse steering, or keyboard steer for that matter.
lol what an answer. iirc controller is short for gamecontroller and as the name says designed to control games and not automobiles. besides we are a gaming community.

of course wheels have the most realisic feeling and due to force feedback you indeed get feedback from the game how your car behaves. and it provides very precise steering. so probably the most fun and best fo a simulation and racing.

but mouse has the advantage of really fast steering. i dont drive wheel, but i doubt you can steer from on side to the complete other within tenth of a second with a wheel. this comes in real handy when PITtin or countersteering PITs on yourself (or maybe uturns or on rallytracks?!). disadvantage: only buttons for throttle.

Gamepads combine the fast steering and an axis for throttle and brake. they need a lot of precision when you only have 2cm axis to control 360° of steering wheel, but if you can handle that, you prolly be decent fast.
so for cops&robbers servers this could be best.

just some thoughts... im noobish keyboarddriver

I think it's really what you get used to because for some people the mouse seems to be what they feel comfortable with and what they have got used to and for some people (like myself) it's a wheel. I couldn't imagine having to learn driving with a mouse because driving with a mouse is shit. But still some people like driving with it very much.

I think it's a question of what you get used to but if I were you, I'd buy a wheel.
(2014-09-02 05:58)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]Lol what a question. Its like asking for the best colour. However, automobile manufacturers consider wheels to be the best option to steer a vehicle. I don't know of a single car with mouse steering, or keyboard steer for that matter.

What an answer Tongue
Wheel forever! Wheel so fun than all.
This.

[Image: 540597a246173-Logitech_Rumblepad_F510%2C_1.jpg]
In the GTi series this year there were a lot of really quick mouse drivers (eg. Dan Cojocaru) but, in the endurance events I've seen, all but one were on wheel. So yeah, for me, I'd choose mouse any day for cruising, but that's just what I've gotten used to. It may, however, be more enjoyable on wheel, that's down to personal preference, both can be as enjoyable as the other (provided you really enjoy mouse).

So; mouse for short racing, wheel for longer distances.
I hate the fact that if you use mouse, you can't steer while typing in the chat because the steering always centers.

Also of course the whole steering wheel setup gives a lot more flexibility with the pedals.
Uhh, am I the only one who's using Keyboard stabalized? Ohmy
Does work quite well for me, better than a mouse..
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's