[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Anti-Lag V1 suggestion for chases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anti-Lag V1 has just been introduced and I've thought of an additional feature whilst chasing somebody that was lagging. The suspect timed out for more than 49 seconds at one point before reappearing on the map, meaning one of the cops completely lost contact and we had to regain lost ground of about 400m. In the end, InSim must have glitched (probably because of this guy's lag) because I was around 10m from the suspect and then I was told I lost contact, but that's neither here nor there...

The suggestion is if a suspect is being chased and they time out for more than 5 seconds, they should be auto-busted. I think 5 seconds is a perfectly reasonable amount of time for somebody's connection to rectify itself, and to not disadvantage the cops by too much.
Will be usefull for situations like this:

A user laggs for 50 seconds.

Then all the cops lose the chase cause he "regains" connection.
(2014-09-07 16:23)Frozen Wrote: [ -> ]Will be usefull for situations like this:

A user laggs for 50 seconds.

Then all the cops lose the chase cause he "regains" connection.

This is the exact chase I was describing above.
This has been suggested before and had quite unanimous decision towards approving it, I don't think there was a way to implement it at the time but now that there seems to be a way, I'm still at a 100% +1 on this one.

I just hope for everyone's sake that this gets implemented this time.
The current system is seeming to still be alittle buggy however it is looking quite promising, and it looks like it's opening new opportunities for this type of system you are suggesting. I'm with connor on this as it is a pain in the butt when you don't know where the suspect is going so if this is possible its a definite support from probably most of the community. There's little cons about it other than being a little difficult to script etc. I'm sure the copping community would highly appreciate the work that would have to be put into it as it's not a simple job but it would be effective.
Reference URL's