[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Ebola
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
sooner or later this thread was gonna pop up so i fought ill get it started..

anyway what is everyone's views upon Ebola, what it can do to you and are you worried about the rate its spreading at? and are you worried about catching it?, total cases currently known are over 8000 and counting

here is a few links with information if anyone doesn't know what it is
http://www.infowars.com/world-health-org...hits-3879/
http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/Ebola/outbreaks/2...index.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola_virus_disease

if it was reported as a cases in your local area what would you do to remain away from it or catching it?
If it's going to kill more than half of humans, I hope my plane next Tuesday will crash mid-air.

That's all I can say about it... Hopefully a cure will be found.
Yes I am worried because we have (U.S.) news reporters going to where Ebola has been first discovered. A reporter contracted it then went to a hospital where he go it. He then was further treated here in the U.S. Now we have just had two cases in Texas where someone caught it as well as a deputy. We need to end this Virus now before it becomes a huge outbreak like the Bubonic plague. If we have random people who don't know the symptoms and just walking around thinking they have just a fever or catching a cold, they will be the ones to spread it massively where ever they go. That is my main worry. That is how at least one person caught it in TX that being the deputy officer. In order to make sure not to contract this (especially if a case was found in my part of the U.S. I would get as much food as I can and supplies essential to life. Then stay home all day. If you need to go out be sure not to eat before washing your hands thoroughly, hell I wouldn't eat out at this point. Also make sure not to use public restrooms. That is the dirtiest of all places.
Nobody wants to get infected by this virus but thats the life, I hope all ppl from Africa can get a way to protect theirselves, also there's some new cases in Spain these last days which is making people get crazy and obsessive with Ebola
We had one norwegian patient being flown into Oslo Airport to be treated at a hospital there.
So far there is no cure. But they have found a constant dose antibacterial medication gets rid of Ebola. But it can also not cure it at the same time.
Not to sound insensitive but I think it's stupid to bring a patient with a deadly illness you country that had no reports prior to his arrival. Take the doctors to him not him to the doctors, you're risking the lives of thousands to save the life of one? To me that's not a rational option. I've been sick for over a week and didn't even want to go to the doctors office for fear of catching something else minor let alone Ebola. I have a very weak immune system and know it and do what I can to avoid sick people. I wonder if the virus can survive through colder months.

Just remember to wash your hands, and try to avoid public surfaces like handrails, door handles etc and if you are meeting someone new or even someone you know you don't have to shake hands if you don't want to. It may be seen as rude but sometimes crazy situations call for crazy things.
Not too worried at this point in time.
(2014-10-09 22:28)Polete Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody wants to get infected by this virus but thats the life, I hope all ppl from Africa can get a way to protect theirselves, also there's some new cases in Spain these last days which is making people get crazy and obsessive with Ebola

All the news papers and news are relationated with Ebola..
I think we have the technology and resources to stop outbreaks like this now. It's spread a little but I'm sure we can nip it in the bud while its still low numbers.
Finland is quite well prepared for stopping a widespread infection, so I'm not that worried. A bunch of people might die and that is unfortunate but not much more than that. One death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
There is a cure for this guys (sort of.) but because the disease has a 100 day incubation it's extremely hard to control because you can go months with it before noticing any symptoms. And I believe once the symptoms come it's untreatable.

But I should probably read up on it a little more.
At Spain havent got 100% all the possibilities
Until I see a headline 'Ebola arrives Finland', I'm okay.
(2014-10-10 06:27)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]There is a cure for this guys (sort of.) but because the disease has a 100 day incubation it's extremely hard to control because you can go months with it before noticing any symptoms. And I believe once the symptoms come it's untreatable.

The good thing is that it isn't exactly highly contagious, unless you bleed or piss on someone else or have other sorts of intimate relationships.

So if a dude with Ebola walks by you you're not really even at risk. Unless he comes up to you and licks your face.
There is not much to be worried about IMO, countries that most of us here live in are much more developed than the places where this outbreak started, and you have to keep in mind the differences that we have between each other, and how managing the virus will be most likely easier and quicker here.
(2014-10-10 11:42)Audiojack Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-10 06:27)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]There is a cure for this guys (sort of.) but because the disease has a 100 day incubation it's extremely hard to control because you can go months with it before noticing any symptoms. And I believe once the symptoms come it's untreatable.

The good thing is that it isn't exactly highly contagious, unless you bleed or piss on someone else or have other sorts of intimate relationships.

So if a dude with Ebola walks by you you're not really even at risk. Unless he comes up to you and licks your face.

You can contract it through sweat as well, so shaking hands with people is enough.

OMG 10,000 new victims of Ebola. That is just great. Also Massachusetts which is basically a state away from me had a victim of Ebloa. He came from Liberia. The sad part is where Ebola was first contracted in Africa Obama still allows the planes to be open to come into the U.S. this allows sick people to come into the U.S. no problem. Our doctors and hospitals are being treated like human shields it is just sad.
[Image: wcpIy0U.jpg]
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's