[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Rule clarification "helping" suspect/cop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

so lately it gets more common to help/tow either suspects of a chase or cops in chase.
to me its quite obvious that helping of any kind is not allowed
Quote:1.5. Stay away from chases.
[...]
Do not help the suspect or the police.
that of course implies every help like flipping, pushing out of sand, pushing stuck cars, any kind of towing and so on...
Sure Cops of the same chase are allowed to tow each other, but nothing more.

But obviously many people help especially Cops and opinions on this seem to be different.

so i'd appreciate an official tc statement on this, ty.

cheers, B
Well as the rule says Dont help either cop or suspect, that will be intefering in a chase.
Hmm honestly, I have never thought about this. If I see a cop stuck on a small banking in an FZ I would help him, but then again you can't do that too the suspect. That's interesting.

The rule clearly states "Do not help the suspect or police" this obviously means you can't help either even if they are stuck etc as Jedi said.

I have had people in the past shout at me why I didn't help them when they were a cop in a chase. Most of the time I would be in the chase so I would go back and help however, there's a few occasions where I have helped a cop as a civilian and I've seen others do it when they are not involved in the chase. As the rule clearly states, this is NOT allowed. Cops have the same do's and don't's as suspects.
At the moment there is no official stance yet, so what i say may be overruled again.

(2014-10-12 14:42)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]to me its quite obvious that helping of any kind is not allowed
[...]

The nature of that rule stems from people outside of chases that were interfering with it and actively helping the suspect or the cops.

It certainly wasn't intended to prohibit people from towing a cop that is stuck and far behind the chase. Same goes for the suspect, if the suspect is far ahead and no cop in sight then i wouldn't see it as interfering if you quickly helped him along.
(2014-10-12 14:57)Pipa Wrote: [ -> ]At the moment there is no official stance yet, so what i say may be overruled again.

(2014-10-12 14:42)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]to me its quite obvious that helping of any kind is not allowed
[...]

The nature of that rule stems from people outside of chases that were interfering with it and actively helping the suspect or the cops.

It certainly wasn't intended to prohibit people from towing a cop that is stuck and far behind the chase. Same goes for the suspect, if the suspect is far ahead and no cop in sight then i wouldn't see it as interfering if you quickly helped him along.

+1
I wouldn't allow that, it's just unfair for the suspect : if the cop fails, he fails, end of it. It is his job to follow and stop his suspect. The police has already more chance to win a chase than the suspect has.
This is the way I have seen it, TC as a team may have a diffrent view.

Be realistic. If a criminal is chased in RL then the public won't try and help him. But if a COP requested some help then it's very likely that the public would help.
As long as ive been cruising on TC its not been allowed to help either side,and its been said time and again on server,teamspeak and forum, i dont know whats changed now though.
The rule is very clear.
I would maybe condone a civilian towing a cop who was chasing a suspect whilst said suspect already had one or more cops closely on his tail. Strictly speaking though, "Do not help the suspect or the police" is quite clear.
Reference URL's