[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Acceptable use for roadblock tyres?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the recent change to SO layout

I found myself a good place to speedtrap however is this an acceptable position and more importantly is the use of roadblock tyres acceptable

See pic

Cheers
[Image: 2q21tdx.jpg]
I would say that isn't allowed because:

- Only a certain amount of roadblocks can be active on the server at once (using it for non-roadblock purposes can spoil it for those who want to use it for the intended purpose)
- You're blocking the right lane

BP
what about the principle, ie on a straight 1 mile long where you can see it ?
Well, I almost collided with you when you stood there, there was no caution and you are blocking the entire right lane.
This is just waiting for a massive accident to happen where person A collides into you with 90kmh, you get swinged forward, into a chase or group op people on High Street and sh*t getting real. Wink
(2014-10-31 23:08)nathan Wrote: [ -> ]what about the principle, ie on a straight 1 mile long where you can see it ?

When you're surveying traffic you should not use roadblocks (roadblocks should be used when you actually want to block a suspect) and you shouldn't really park in the road, either.

However, there is some leniency:

Fine List Wrote:Cops may park in illegal places for purposes of traffic surveillance as long the car doesn't cause an immediate danger to others.

I have to say, I think parking in the road will always cause danger, especially in the example as seen in your OP.
I think he's more getting at the concept i.e. whether police can use roadblocks to block off an area they may be sitting at; we're not criticising as to his actual location displayed.

I have used !rb a few times to sit behind when doing speed traps, it's not exactly hurting anyone. The chances of other officers in pursuit wanting to set up roadblocks at coincidentally the very same time is probably very little.
Might I ask what the point of using a roadblock is when you're speedtrapping? You are simply drawing more attention to yourself than before.

To me, it as useful as this:

[Image: 4735d5c3d954a69c27b92aa8b5143f79.jpg]
Hahaha I had to touch that sign tho
Actually it did help when someone came round the bend and hit the tyres and not me, obvipusly positioning was not great but as we all know chases end up using all the road in most cases im just suggesting that it reduces the overall impact of a crash significanly in some cases it would hide thw car doing the trapping ie on west hill highway 2 where its straight road

Theres points from both sides.

I do agree that roadblocks arent used that much. I myself use them occasionally but most dont

At this point i was the only cop on the seever so wasnt causing any availability issues
May i bump in asking about traffic diversion ? for example if a tow is fliping someone , and a cop drives pass , and BLOCKS the road , thats a proper way of using it right?
Reference URL's