[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: G27 wheel tighteners.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've had my G27 for less than a month now, and the other of the 2 plastic tighteners already broke.. I mean that's weak, I have tightened/loosened it maybe 5-6 times, compared to the DFGT I've had for years, and never had any troubles with it's tighteners.

Have anyone fixed or built a new tightener on it, that would actually last a little longer? Just in case I will be able to keep the old wheel and get a replacement.
nut and some washers should work in theory
What do you mean?

I mean, the plastic tightener that you screw against the stand, really broke, it broke in 2 pieces from the middle.
Speak to Logitech, it's clearly still under warranty and this isn't a common issue--they'll send a replacement.
Yeah what Brad said. I've only ever had positive experiences with Logitechs support. Very friendly and helpful.
Like Brad said, contact Logitech Support. I had a complete new wheel for a broken clamp last year - and I didnt even have warranty anymore.
Those clamps will keep breaking on you forever unless you do something Biggrin
This is how I've modified all of mine after breaking every single one:

Thousand hours in Paint
[Image: clamp_fix_zps1e6c39dd.png]

The only downside to this is you have to carve or Dremel out a bit of room for the clamp to fit after the plates have been added. This shouldn't be a big deal though because the holes are underneath the wheel and not visible during normal use...
(2014-11-04 12:46)Audiojack Wrote: [ -> ]Those clamps will keep breaking on you forever unless you do something Biggrin

Huh.. I bolted my wheel to a foldable stand. and those clamps are made useless.
I've never had mine break on me, and I tightened quite strongly, but maybe I got lucky. Logitech support is the best so just contact them.
(2014-11-04 21:28)Zipppy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-04 12:46)Audiojack Wrote: [ -> ]Those clamps will keep breaking on you forever unless you do something Biggrin

Huh.. I bolted my wheel to a foldable stand. and those clamps are made useless.

Sadly that's not an option to everyone Biggrin I have zero extra space for stands.

(2014-11-05 00:23)Malibu Wrote: [ -> ]I've never had mine break on me, and I tightened quite strongly, but maybe I got lucky. Logitech support is the best so just contact them.

To be honest I tighten mine with small water pump pliers so they need to be a bit more rigid than the plastic. The first clamp I broke was still because the wheel got torn off the table with the clamp tightened and it snapped. Laugh
Mine tighten fine, but if i push the tighteners down they decide they want to stay stuck..
I must have lucky with mine g27 havent a problem with over 3 years
Yeah, I'm aware that the Logitech Support is friendly and might send a new wheel, while I get to keep my own. This is why I seek a way to fix the previous one, so I can keep the new one on storage as a backup wheel, on unopened box. So if I ever need to sell it, it would be a little higher value.

I like AJ's way of fixing it, I just need to find some tools to do that.. I can probably fix it at my dad's place, like AJ goes to his dad to fix everything, because they have all kind of stuff that can come out handy Biggrin
Long M4X1 bolts-hard mount it.
Pfft, Logitech Support told me to contact the store I ordered it from.. And that store seems like it would want me to send the whole package (Wheel, pedals, shifter) for repairing.. Why do you need all the parts to fix a small thing on the wheel.
Well from these responses G27 seems to have crap-made tighteners, I have Logitech formula EX for 7 years and everything is working fine except for a little displaced wheel angle.. I dont exactly know why you need to send the whole package, but I would recommend doing as they say and just wait till they repair it for no extra complications. Wink
Are they *Removed* kidding me???

I contacted the retailer as Logitech insisted, and their answer? "For this kind of problems, you should kindly contact Logitech Support in order to get help.."

I'm NOT impressed...
(2014-11-12 19:08)Roba Wrote: [ -> ]Are they *Removed* kidding me???

I contacted the retailer as Logitech insisted, and their answer? "For this kind of problems, you should kindly contact Logitech Support in order to get help.."

I'm NOT impressed...

Just do what AJ told, takes 10mins and is better than original Smile
But that'd mean the warranty ends, I don't want that.
Reference URL's