[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: New Warnings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I've been thinking on this, and I figured I will just throw the rough idea out there I have for the server to see the feedback it gets.

So I'm sure most of us are aware there's HAZARD signs, and CAUTION signs, which are very useful in the right circumstances, but the only problem I see in this is you can't really be more 'specific' with them, which is where my idea here comes in.

So let's assume you while driving witness an accident occur.
The crash occurs in the right lane, so you decide to block it (see pic below).
Instead of having a !caution or !hazard, maybe a command which has the same look, but with "Merge Left/Right" or "Keep Left/Right" text instead.

[Image: X1IszFI.png]

Although it might not be used as often, I can see this being very useful on maps like Kyoto where traffic is most of the time travelling 160kp/h+, and a Merge Lane warning a few hundred meters before the incident might be better than a caution or hazard.
A caution and/or hazard (arguably) makes most people slow down, but a merge left/right or a keep left/right could reduce accidents better, as "Slow Down" doesn't tell them that there's danger in a certain lane.

The only problems I see with this idea is that the other direction of traffic might also see it, which could cause confusion.
Anyway, sorry for the long post, and I'd love to see your opinions on this.
Smile
- Drac
This is a great idea! It also looks more professional too.

Shouldn't be too hard to implement since we already have the hazard and follow signs. Tongue

+999

About the issue you stated, if you think about the hazard sign that is only visible from the rear of the car and 45 degrees wide.

The merge sign could be made by showing from the left side of the car with an appropriate angle space. This means that the merge sign can only be seen by traffic heading towards the left side of your car. Smile
+1 :3
+1, i like it
This could also be used as a cop, pulling over someone and they decide to stop half way in the road.
+1

Quote:The merge sign could be made by showing from the left side of the car with an appropriate angle space. This means that the merge sign can only be seen by traffic heading towards the left side of your car.

i think that it should be behind the car, as a hazard sign. At least in my head it seems more flexible in use.
When I used to respond to accident scenes as a COP, I used to modify my name to inform people which direction they should head due to the accident however, that wasn't fantastic Tongue Quite surprised this hasn't been suggested before because I think this is an necessity and would become really useful in road traffic accidents in busy places of the map. There's quite a few scenarios that would support this idea so I would love it personally!
Nice idea - nothing really else to add. +1
I like the idea! Maybe combined with arrows ?

"<<< Merge left" / "Merge right >>>"
Sounds like a good idea, +1
+1

and if the road is fully closed you could may be "!stop" "Road closed! - Prepare for a full stop!" or something like that
Decent idea. +1.
(2014-11-09 12:16)Sadie Wrote: [ -> ]and if the road is fully closed you could may be "!stop" "Road closed! - Prepare for a full stop!" or something like that
Great idea, if this and Dracs idea can be implemented it will be a lot easier to control traffic around incidents.
+1
Fantastic idea, that would give more info about the accident location.
+1
Great idea. But as you mention, something would have to be thought up so that people in the uncoming lane won't see the warning.
Great idea.
+1
Great idea! +1
To add to the "professional aspect", cops could be able to make objects appear like cones, just like they can with the tyres as roadblocks, to create a physcial limit around the scene. I don't know if it's a good idea in terms of flexibilty and ease of use, but it would look pretty cool imo.
Cola, it would be like !hazard, which only displays to the rear of your car Smile
Love the idea!
+1
+2014
And plz add a longer range so less people are using the reason "i diddent see it" or just have time to brake from 200+kph :3
Reference URL's