[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Car Talk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So in my golf clutch feels slippery sometimes in rainy weather can be on dry road aswell, when i am in 2 and 3 gear when i accelerate feels like an automatic car but dunno why it does that, i have changed clutch back in 2012 it have showed up this problem this year, could be good to get an answare who knows what i mean.

Can record it some day how its acting
Did you replace all the bits or just the clutch plate?
I did replaced all things to brand new
Is it a hydraulic clutch? Enough fluid in the reservoir?
Yes its got good fluid
[Image: hxE7eCo.jpg]
Clutch is togheter with the grey-black wire to gearbox
Did you check the fluid in there?:
[Image: hxE7eCo2_zps86a9490e.jpg]
its for steering servo there
I am maybe can record how car acts tomorow.
Did you also check the brake fluid?
Because im sure one of them is for the clutch also, just not sure which one
I dont know never heard those fluids is connected to gearbox before but can check tomorow when i coming home from after work
Going to drive 6 miles with the car tomorow also, so probaly gonna do record little se how accelerate responds
Yeah record it Jimmy. I'm honestly not sure what to expect considering the explanation is "behaves like an auto".

Like Bullet said, make sure there's enough fluids in the resevoirs. When is the last time you changed all the fluids anyway?
Last time i changed brake fluid in 2 weeks ago it was because i changed rear pipes to brakes.
tbh i dont remember when we filled up to steering power maybe it was back in 2012 not sure was a while ago i open up that one
If theres not enough fluid for clutch the gears wont just go in because the pushrod cant push the clutch enough or something..
(2014-11-10 21:07)Johan. Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah record it Jimmy. I'm honestly not sure what to expect considering the explanation is "behaves like an auto".

His clutch is slipping.

(2014-11-10 20:44)Jimmy Wrote: [ -> ]I dont know never heard those fluids is connected to gearbox before...

(2014-11-10 21:11)Jimmy Wrote: [ -> ]Last time i changed brake fluid in 2 weeks ago it was because i changed rear pipes to brakes.
tbh i dont remember when we filled up to steering power maybe it was back in 2012 not sure was a while ago i open up that one

Your clutch is operated via hydraulic pressure instead of a cable. I'm not sure about Golfs, but some cars have both clutch and brakes share the same reservoir and others have one separated for the clutch. I'm assuming that, because the problem arose when replacing brake pipes, they in your case share reservoir. If you emptied the reservoir while working, air will have gone in to the clutch's pipes and you haven't bled it back out.

There should be a nipple somewhere close to the slave cylinder. Use that just like you would when you bleed the brakes.

Edit: To you car guys: I know what I'm saying doesn't make any sense. Low fluid levels would normally cause completely opposite issues, but I've seen it before on a Volkswagen, so it's worth a shot.
(2014-11-10 23:01)Leon Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: To you car guys: I know what I'm saying doesn't make any sense. Low fluid levels would normally cause completely opposite issues, but I've seen it before on a Volkswagen, so it's worth a shot.

Most important rule I learned servicing and fixing my A3: Think about what could've broken and then check the exact opposite thing.
In some cars you don't even need to touch the slave cylinders nipple, just open the reservoir and pump clutch/leave it over night and it will get the air out itself Smile I highly doubt its air in pipes but you never know.. Maybe you just cant drive and have burned the clutch again? Biggrin
I can drive with without problem.
Its only happends sometimes to so not all the time

Rpm starts at 0:34 after direct i shifted to 4 gear, obs my dad have test drive it and saying its nothing to worry about he got in his car to, same car as me but smaller engine, i have driving around 3 hours with it after i ended work today. car gets some backfires alot but dw haha.
Your clutch is slipping a fair bit. Did you machine the flywheel when you put the new clutch in?
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's