[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Quick couple of questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A quick couple of questions-
1. Can a cop be chased, fined, etc. for disobeying road laws?

2. Can cops park illegally? If so, when?

Thanks!
Hi!

1. Police are required to follow road rules, and if you see a [COP] speeding, wrongsiding, or just in general breaking road rules, you can report them on the forums.

Quote:"4.2. Road Laws
Cops must obey road laws when not in a chase."

2. With cops parking, I was under the assumption that they are allowed to park illegally if they are doing something on duty, like Speedtrapping, but I'm not 100% sure.
I'm sure someone else here will know the answer to that though. Smile
http://www.city-driving.co.uk/finelist

Finelist Wrote:[TC] Fine List (Last update 2014-02-05)
● Illegal parking (30€)

It’s illegal to park:
- On the road, including curbs (except side roads)

- On grass

- On cross-hatched areas (except pits)

Stopping/halting is allowed as long the stopped car doesn't cause an immediate danger to others.

Cops may park in illegal places for purposes of traffic surveillance as long the car doesn't cause an immediate danger to others.
(2014-11-15 02:51)Dracula Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!

1. Police are required to follow road rules, and if you see a [COP] speeding, wrongsiding, or just in general breaking road rules, you can report them on the forums.

Quote:"4.2. Road Laws
Cops must obey road laws when not in a chase."

2. With cops parking, I was under the assumption that they are allowed to park illegally if they are doing something on duty, like Speedtrapping, but I'm not 100% sure.
I'm sure someone else here will know the answer to that though. Smile

This did not answer my question. Though I passed the cop test, I want this question answered. On the test I was prompted with a question that asked if a police officer could be chased for disobeying road laws. I was completely aware of the obligation to report if this occurs.
Cops are unable to be chased by other cops, admins can monitor cops and if caught breaking road laws, admin action will be taken as it is against the server rules. If you think a cop is doing something that they shouldn't, flag it up and inform/report it. Cops can loose there rights to cop furthermore they will have to take cop training and pass it to regain there rights to cop on the server. (like a ban).

Chuck summed up the Illegal parking question. Hope that helped Smile
nayr Wrote:This did not answer my question. Though I passed the cop test, I want this question answered. On the test I was prompted with a question that asked if a police officer could be chased for disobeying road laws. I was completely aware of the obligation to report if this occurs.

Ah, sorry, I should have specified that too.
They cannot be chased, as Luke explained Smile
rules Wrote:4.10.2. Cops cannot be chased or fined by other cops
(2014-11-15 15:25)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]
rules Wrote:4.10.2. Cops cannot be chased or fined by other cops

That's actually out of context. And the context is "When responding to a SOS-call...", which again raises the question "what if the cop was not responding to a SOS call".
However, the answer is still no. Cops cannot be fined or chased by other cops, as they, in accordance to the rules, may not even break any road law, which would be the only reason to chase. It seems logic for someone who plays cop for 5 years, but it's not that obvious for new people never been able to play cop a single second.
Reference URL's