[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: How did you discover LFS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was looking for a driving/racing game with a realistic feel and ended up with LFS, must've been like 2006 because I drove in the demo for quite a long time before buying S2 in 2008.

Tbh I had stumbled upon the old LFS demos way back before that but I couldn't bother with it back then because I was younger and the simulation seemed too difficult to handle.
I'm not quite sure.. I think a friend who I met in another game told me about it, so I played the demo around in 2010, and then he trusted me with his S2 account around 2011, when I started discovering the cruise servers. Started off with WKD, moved on to LTC, and after a while in LTC I heard of TC and gave it a shot in around June 2011, and stayed here since Smile
My 2 sons got me into LFS think was about 2010 , was really adamant the Sim would be rubbish, started off on demo, eventually had 3 of my own servers demo/S1 and S2, gave that all up when found TC Smile
Quite soon after the release of the first LFS Demo´s back in 2002, I discovered LFS in December 2002, whilst checking out my favorite Dutch, Game Demo´s website (forgot the name of that site)...

And soon after I started playing and never stopped since. Smile
Similar story to Rocky's. I found one of the first demos on some random site way back in 2002/3 (I think it was gamershell.com), I found it fascinating that the photo provided had the license plate "LFS", so I tried it, sucked badly with mouse, but still messed around, even if I sucked. Shortly after S2 "came out", I was still a demo player until the end of 2006, and also, frequented the same servers as Virgie in that time, dealt with name copycats, votebanned them (vote kick/ban wars were really big back then). This was before LFS licenses were needed, y'know. Still haven't gotten bored 12 years later.
Sometime in 2003 i bought magazine about games where was LFS. With breaks i played to that moment when they remove XRT from demo version. This forced me to step in S2 licence sometime in 2007. In short period of time I recognize that i'm pretty bad with racing on mouse so I tried it server named TC. Since then I have remained to today.
Well, i was looking at a guy drifting on Youtube, checked his older vids out on le channel for fun, found he was drifting in lfs, so i was like "dis is da shit", looked it up some more, then downloaded demo, this was sometime early january 2013, got S2 a month or two later, then i joined TC May 02 2013, and i have been here more or less active since then Smile
Barney's fault!
Saw my brother playing once and also found it in a gaming magazine back in 2007. Played the Demo with the XRT for a while before getting the full thing shortly after it was removed. Used to play the game with a joystick for some bizarre reason, I'll never understand my young mind back then aha. Got a wheel then became active Smile
Played it in school in lunchtimes, and maybe a few lessons Wink then bought s2, must be 7 years now Ohmy and then my brother bought s2 shortly after
my brother and I used to play the demo back in 2008, i played the demo after he moved out till last year and this april i bought the license Smile
In 2010 summer i just find by write in a google: Best simulator games and i saw lfs, i download the demo, go to demo races, championship, after in 2012 find a cracked S2, play maybe 2 years with it on drift servers and cruise servers. After in 2013 my friend give to me his s2 but i had to give back to him, after in this year, my bro give his S2 account to me for my birthday Smile
From TV advise in 2007 or 2008 (I Belive)
A friend of mine was playing it in a car on the way to a party on his laptop, i downloaded it also. That was in June of 2011. I played only offline for years and years.
i saw an trailer about a website with lfs as its game and i registerd and started playing! Demo for 3years oh god Biggrin
One of my friends from school somehow found out about it. Played the demo for a few years mostly messing around in the car park. Then ended up buying it around 2009.
(2014-11-19 22:30)Angel Wrote: [ -> ]In 2010 summer i just find by write in a google: Best simulator games and i saw lfs, i download the demo, go to demo races, championship, after in 2012 find a cracked S2, play maybe 2 years with it on drift servers and cruise servers. After in 2013 my friend give to me his s2 but i had to give back to him, after in this year, my bro give his S2 account to me for my birthday Smile

LOL Crack
From my bro.
Was looking for a race sim... found this Biggrin
(2015-04-21 14:53)Valentin Wrote: [ -> ]From my bro.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's