[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: X-Plane 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Getting it tomorrowSmile

http://www.x-plane.com
Wow Looks nice chuck! Smile
niceeOhmy
this new x-plane looks to be fantastic !
I have to order it ...

Chuck if you like helicopters, i made some videos Wink

Wink
Nice vids. The EC135 is the best chopper I've ever flown on xplane.
What's the difference between xplane and fsx?
FSX is from Microsoft, deprecated and all developments have been discontinued some years ago.
But what are the advantages in xplane over fsx?
I'm judging by the intense number of vehicles/glowing lights etc this won't run on a pentium 4 Sad
Well, beside the fact it is still being developed, it offers real aviation physics. It's rather a real simulation than entertainment software. It also has many input-output interfaces, multi machine (ie student-teacher) setups etc.
(2012-01-09 13:43)Tommer Wrote: [ -> ]I'm judging by the intense number of vehicles/glowing lights etc this won't run on a pentium 4 Sad

Graphics are veeeery flexible. Try the demo and set everything to minimum.
yes the EC135 is really cool.

Have you ever tried the MBB/Kawasaki BK117 from Nils Danielsson?

[Image: adac.jpg]

(2012-01-09 13:26)Malibu Wrote: [ -> ]What's the difference between xplane and fsx?

in brief

FSX = better graphics (but better budget too)
X-PLANE = better physics

and
Chuck Wrote:It also has many input-output interfaces, multi machine (ie student-teacher) setups etc.

+1 Thumbup1
I'll try it some time then, if there's a demo or something.
did you have the demo version chuck? im having some issues with it...
(2012-01-10 16:31)Nammi Wrote: [ -> ]did you have the demo version chuck? im having some issues with it...

I have. Just started installation of full version also.
ok some questions:
- did you have full ATC in the demo (or am i not getting the system? i can only file a flight plan over and over again)
- how was the performance?
- ive had some strange physical situations like: turning right in heavy winds nearly send me to a barrel roll allthough i had full ailerons to work against it
- and my throttles axis goes from +100% at the top through 0% in the middle and then to +100% all the way down again ?!? any option to configure throttles axis?
havent played so much on that yet.
where did you buy it and what come with the simulator itselve? i find theire webpage more than uninformative.
to buy X-Plane 10:

http://www.x-plane.com/store/x-plane_10/

or

http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/x-p...ail?no=332

Then if you have any questions, problems, everything is here:

www.x-plane.org

the community is very active!

Wink
A working mate "borrowed" it to me lol. However, he had, like I expected, problems with customs in Germany. He ordered at x-plane.COM but they don't put an invoice into the package so he had to go to the next customs office and show the officers what it is and how much it costs, and he had to pay like 17% customs fees. Pretty lame.
I once ordered an older version at x-plane.ORG. They were clever and checked the "gift" option on the customs declaration sticker, so it went straight through without further control. But the price was only the half of what they want now.
So either you gotta play lottery whether your package goes through customs or you wait 4 weeks. It will be released on German market at a reasonable price.
How big is it again?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's