[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Small change to BW layout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I wanna post my suggestion to change a small thing on the BW layout. Its about visiblity at junction near pits.

Watch this pic to see what place Im talking about:

So as you can see, this junction is very deadly as you barely can see right in front of you cars in the distance. So I suggest to change this part and maybe make a hole so we will be able to see incoming cars.
Just replace the barrier with a tyre stack and its fine Biggrin
Yeah it does cause quite a few crashes indeed and isn't rather visible. It shouldn't cause you any harm unless you're trying to pass it from the wrongside to gain faster driving line. That barrier has been there for ever since i can remember and i'm pretty sure everyone knows that it's there and if not he will certainly remember it after crashing to it for the first time.

I'm quite neutral with this idea, there's many similar barriers all around the track which can cause you huge damage. It wouldn't work that way that there wouldn't be such barriers and armcos which need to be avoided incase you don't want your car to be damaged.

If there would be for example a tyre stack at that spot then even more people would tend to wrongside past it because of the fact there isn't a hard object which needs to be avoided.
I would really like something done to this junction because indeed a lot of accidents happen her and in my opinion, from the cockpit view it is incredibly unclear.

I'm not sure what to do but some improvements would be lovely! Biggrin
So the whole point to not change this is that people could go WW ? Well thats sad. But there are another 2 options.
As you can see on this picture:

We could either:
- Remove the sign which i crossed out and add it on the place as shown
- Or only remove it and not add anything because there is allready a sign in the background

If we remove the sign we get more visible space + that sign is unnecessary
(2014-12-02 20:33)Venom Wrote: [ -> ]We could either:
Now this sounds good. I guess no one would mind if only the sign would be removed +1.
In a sense it is too cluttered.
i feel like some parts like this one should be redone.. to many accidents there
All the cones do it no justice in that area. It really is cluttered up. I think we need a rebuild Pete!
I'm not agreeing nor disagreeing to this at the moment but Pete is quite busy at the moment and will be for the following month, it might not be something that will happen overnight in this case.
There is also a very confusing layout there too, because there is no left turn coming from South park to head towards pit but people still do it? I don't know if anybody has noticed.
(2014-12-02 22:05)Howlin Wrote: [ -> ]...Pete is quite busy at the moment and will be for the following month, it might not be something that will happen overnight in this case.

Calling Mr. Chuck.
(2014-12-02 22:05)Howlin Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not agreeing nor disagreeing to this at the moment but Pete is quite busy at the moment and will be for the following month, it might not be something that will happen overnight in this case.

Ofc Chuck can change it, like he did last time to Kyoto layout.
(2014-12-02 20:33)Venom Wrote: [ -> ]..

Is it possible that you don't have a clue what the sign means?
Because the place where you posted it, you basically order people to drive offroad.
(2014-12-03 14:58)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-02 20:33)Venom Wrote: [ -> ]..

Is it possible that you don't have a clue what the sign means?
Because the place where you posted it, you basically order people to drive offroad.

Oh I forgot to mention that I accidentally pointed the sign in opposite direction.

Anyway, IIRC it means keep right and IMO it should mean to not drive forward in left lane, instead use left lane when turning to right (as the arrow shows). however, there is another arrow on the side road on right, so the keep right sign is useless here IMO. Im not an expert but im speaking through common sense.

I have done these mistakes because I was in a hurry, so I apologize for false info Wink.
The barrier could be replaced with an armco, I think a tyre stack will be pointless and more dangerous for people who want to turn, since there's nothing to stop them getting destroyed if someone on the other side loses control and crashes.
Armcos (even the shortest) are just a bit longer. Cant see an advantage there. I guess, the short one was used to provide as much space as possible for traffic turning lift out of pits and trying to merge. But I agree, some solid object should stay there.

I've actually watched that junction yesterday and cant see anything wrong with it. The biggest problem I've seen was the amount of wrong-wayers coming down the hill. But blaming the barrier for people's poor driving is just wrong.
Imo there's little wrong with the barriers etc, its the fact it seems a little too clustered with all the different objects like the cones then the road markings. I see the concept behind the current setup however, theres a possibility to improve it. I'll have a closer look when I get chance to see if I can describe it a bit better.
(2014-12-04 10:17)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]Armcos (even the shortest) are just a bit longer. Cant see an advantage there. I guess, the short one was used to provide as much space as possible for traffic turning lift out of pits and trying to merge. But I agree, some solid object should stay there.

I've actually watched that junction yesterday and cant see anything wrong with it. The biggest problem I've seen was the amount of wrong-wayers coming down the hill. But blaming the barrier for people's poor driving is just wrong.

The only thing which is wrong about this junction is that you barely can see a thing coming from opposite way.
Reference URL's