[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Hide the ad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Is it possible to add an option to hide the new ads in the bottom of the screen?
I personally didn't have a problem with an ad on my screen, but yeah there should be an option to disable it. If that person misses the ad due to disabling it, it's their fault. Smile
If it meant having it turned on by default, then the ability to turn it off manually, then yes.
Adblock. Problem solved.
(2014-12-03 18:20)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]Adblock. Problem solved.

[Image: Cant-tell-if-troll-or-just-stupid.jpg]

Thomas is referring to the new !ad command for Admins in-game, which displays a permanent message at the bottom of the screen when in-game.

How about the ability to disable that particular advert message? Then when a new one is released (i.e. a new event) it stays there, until you toggle it off again.
Adding an "x" next to it so that you can hide it when you join might be an idea.
E: Off topic post, please delete this post Sad
Daniel Wrote:How about the ability to disable that particular advert message? Then when a new one is released (i.e. a new event) it stays there, until you toggle it off again.

Pete Wrote:Adding an "x" next to it so that you can hide it when you join might be an idea.

I like both of these.

(2014-12-03 18:38)Mr.AD Wrote: [ -> ]Click with the right button on the ad, select 'inspect element' then delete them from there, you can also try adding an extension to chrome "Ad blocker"

We're all (except you and Bez Wink) talking about the IN-GAME feature of !ad.
(2014-12-03 18:37)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]Adding an "x" next to it so that you can hide it when you join might be an idea.
It would be great if that could be implemented!
(2014-12-03 18:37)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]Adding an "x" next to it so that you can hide it when you join might be an idea.
Yes i prefer this suggestion, would a nice feature even though the text doesn't bother me now at all.
It's a little bit congested for those who use LFS Lazy. I know you might not make changes to cater for other (external) applications, but quite a lot of people have started using it.

[Image: UwXDzzT.jpg]
I use LFS lazy too, but i move the insim a little up..
(2014-12-03 18:38)BoyPower Wrote: [ -> ]We're all (except you and Bez Wink) talking about the IN-GAME feature of !ad.

Ohhh that AD...

[Image: spongebob-shame.gif]

An X to close it would be handy
Even without lfslazy it is a bit annoying after a while. +1 for a remove button/command
or maybe a more neutral place of the ad
(2014-12-08 19:53)SeanProduction Wrote: [ -> ]or maybe a more neutral place of the ad

And where could that be?

Would be perfect.
(2014-12-08 19:54)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-08 19:53)SeanProduction Wrote: [ -> ]or maybe a more neutral place of the ad

And where could that be?

Maybe where the insim is?
Maybe you could also alternate the main HUD / side > HUD to switch between the normal look and the text of the ad, the same way it happens for the right side of the HUD when radio is online ( link appears, amount of users online, amount of users on teamspeak.... )
(2014-12-08 20:09)SeanProduction Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-08 19:54)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]

And where could that be?

Maybe where the insim is?

That's quite a broad statement. The InSim is located over quite a few places of the screen.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's