[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Disagreeing with new layout changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I logged on TC just now and saw a roundabout again..
Didnt we agree on the forums some time ago that we didnt want a roundabout on the hw1?

Also, hw1 all covered in green cones. Arab drifters will rise once more..

And this corner between Pond Lane and Cromo Crest has changed. Imo this will just make the accidents worse now because you have no place to avoid.
Blame the idiots who can't keep right at high speed.
Why's there a Castrol sign in the middle of the road? Confused Everything else looks fine. That corner @carpark is a high wrongside crash spot so I see why.
Open HW1 was the best
This is much more safer WITH the roundabout

http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...?tid=15120
Dino Wrote:Had one chase on the new Blackwood Layout and in this two crashes which destroy the chase... can we please go back to the old one? (26:05.00 the other heavy crash, NOT!!! reporting him)
I don't really care, but that corner looks really weird and silly with the armco.

(2014-12-06 16:23)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]Why's there a Castrol sign in the middle of the road? Confused Everything else looks fine. That corner @carpark is a high wrongside crash spot so I see why.

That's a hanging sign :'D
(2014-12-06 16:24)Makee Wrote: [ -> ]Open HW1 was the best

+1
As for the open HW:
It was just a simple try, to make Blackwood little less boring. However, it had potential to create really bad crashes although the actual source are bad drivers.

So, I've reverted it to some slower alternative. Not the junction from before but the roundabout for 3 reasons:
-The junction promoted wrong waying upwards the HW too much.
-The RB is very smooth and easier to drive, no looking left or right, all you need to see is directly in your view ahead
-The junction used an awful lot of objects.

The "green posts" on HW1 give more freedom and actually reduce WW crashes since you can pull over at every moment.

The barriers at the Hofflane were IMO just a matter of time. I'm actually wondering why they haven't been there much earlier. They protect lawful traffic from mislead cars and the intense amount of tyestacks flying around.
This new RB is much better than the old one (that sharp corner at place when driving from south to north highway was awkward). However I still prefer a junction, its the simpliest choice and makes BW more unique from other tracks too. If someone cant keep right when a person in front of him is turning left then its just his fault when he wont keep right and should get fined.
(2014-12-06 16:29)KaraK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-06 16:23)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]Why's there a Castrol sign in the middle of the road? Confused Everything else looks fine. That corner @carpark is a high wrongside crash spot so I see why.

That's a hanging sign :'D

O.. Ahaha my bad.
I agree with Chuck on this one, especially the open HW1 should prevent several accidents. Let's see how this layout will work out.
I like the change so far. There was way too many people going WW at this junction, including myself.
I still see lots of people go WW at the roundabout, however the layout seems nice only thing i really don't like it the corner with the armco but that's just my opinion.
Reference URL's