[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Longest words
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Find the longest word in English gets 5k in game.

The longest word in any given language depends on the word formation rules of each specific language, and on the types of words allowed for consideration. Agglutinative languages allow for the creation of long words via compounding. Even non-agglutinative languages may allow word formation of theoretically limitless length in certain contexts. Words consisting of hundreds, thousands, or even millions of characters have been coined with the goal of being ranked among the world's longest words; technical scientific terms can run to hundreds of thousands of cheracters in length. Place names may not be accepted on lists of longest words despite their length. Longest word candidates may be judged by their acceptance in major dictionaries such as the Oxford English Dictionary or in record-keeping publications like Guinness World Records, and by the frequency of their use in ordinary language.
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
I actually can't believe this. I was reading up on different medicines this morning, and I thought, I might start a thread on [TC] Forums in regards to long words.

Omg.
Can't paste it here. As the largest known protein, titin has the longest full chemical name. The full chemical name, containing 189,819 letters, is sometimes claimed to be the longest word in the English language

http://pastebin.com/kxSGeJh5
Moving this since you've managed to post it in the wrong area... Tongue
Those "Google this for me" challenges are pretty boring imo.
Haha, i guessing Bez wins this one
Sending money tomorow if i am online tomorow party right now
You're at a party on the TC Forums? Tongue

(2014-12-06 17:31)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]Can't paste it here. As the largest known protein, titin has the longest full chemical name. The full chemical name, containing 189,819 letters, is sometimes claimed to be the longest word in the English language

http://pastebin.com/kxSGeJh5
Wow that's pure non-sense
Reference URL's