[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: IDE to RAID/AHCI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Many people have this problem that they got SSD and HDD but its slow (or just causing problems in some sorts) This is the way to fix it ([6S]B!ll made me do this little guide)
It is mainly Windows 7 that has this problem (but no doubt it works for other os)

Right I have had this problem is well this is what i did and it worked.
1) Run the Registry Editor (regedit.exe)
2) Navigate to Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci
3) Set the "Start" value to 0 (zero)
4) Navigate to Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Pciide
5) Set the "Start" value to 0 (zero)
6) Shut down
7) Start up again, but before Windows boots go into the BIOS configuration screens and change the disk mode to "AHCI". Save the new BIOS configuration and restart so that Windows boots.

When Windows starts, it will detect the change, load new disk drivers, and do one more reboot to start up with them.

Have fun Wink
If anything goes wrong feel free to ask up here.
Good guide. I know did used AHCI already.

I used:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Pciide Set the "Start" value is 3. Was fine? better set to 0? Fast boot or no? Well set 0 now.

Nice try guide but thanks. Smile
Really useful thing.

[Image: difference_ahci_ide.png]

I know on internet and everywhere else they say SSDs must work on AHCI but not every PC can run it by mere change in BIOS.

Everytime when i tried change to AHCI or RAID windows doesnt boot and PC just restarted in cycles.

On IDE was all work good cuz my PC is far away from SSD exploiting the potential but after some hours of using it was starting freezing. Still have no idea what caused that.

One more time many many Thanks to you Sean for help. You saved my computer from moving into the museum Wink Biggrin.

Glad I've help'd Biggrin
Reference URL's