[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Windows update not installing downloaded update.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
Ive been having a a few problems installing an update lately, no matter what i do it just wont install.
Funny thing from what i read from its page: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3024777
it seems this update is to remove an old update that was flawed or something.
Ive even tried downloading the file manually and install it but it just wont install.

Normally i dont have any problems updating so this one just annoyed me, also its ONLY 29 kb in size Tongue

Any help is appreciated.
Don't you use auto-update? Maybe you've missed the previous, corrupted update, that the new one has nothing to remove. Just a guess.
I have it on Auto search then i download all when it finds it. Dont like it downloading by itself.
But ive gotten all updates since last time i installed windows.
(2014-12-15 09:09)Jedi Wrote: [ -> ]..But ive gotten all updates since last time i installed windows.

But not necessarily that one they've withdrawn. afaik it was only out for some hours and not all parts of the earth get them the same time.
Ah ok, i see now Smile
Just sorted this out.
I deleted update KB3004394 manually and rebooted, as soon as i rebooted new updates were available.
The update has blocked other updates from becomming available so if you got problems with either Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2008 R2 it might ba smart to take a look for that update.
Reference URL's