[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Jays Ibiza Cupra 211bhp Updated 20/07
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well guys Im Jason, sure some of you will know me from LFS some as the guy on the forum with a white fiesta lol

Had a 2004 mk6 fiesta 1.4 to start with but bought a new 10 plate fiesta Zetec S in 2010. I modded that a bit with suspension,exhaust,induction,remap, gloss black plastics,hids ect. But I ended up itching for a new car having almost paid the fez off.

I ended up looking at the new Audi A1's with the VAG group 1.4 turbo/supercharged engines that produce 180/185bhp and a sh1t load of pull Biggrin But the price for the badge was too much and it was a bit boring to drive it was too soft. too grown up, I am after all, only 21.

I came across the Ibiza Cupra and test drove a few. Epic car! Has to be said. I had to have one. Ended up with a showroom demo that was 4 months old with 900 miles on it rrp is circa 19k now, got mine for £13995 + GAP insurance, 3 years servicing and a full tank of petrol and its only a pount more a month than the fiesta was.

So, the specs list:

1.4 TSi twincharged engine- 180bhp/250nm 1500-6200rpm (rev limit- 7200rpm)
DSG automated manual gear box. Dont scoff its nothing like a auto gear box. Its bloody brilliant bit of kit. changes quicker than blink of an eye.
The two above give it a Hot hatch killing 0-60 of 6/7sec standard.
"Tribu" colour- kinda orangey/gold colour.
Bi-Xeons
Cruise Control
Auto Air Con
ect ect

So, the important bit- the pics Smile

[Image: IMG_20111002_152610.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20111002_152409.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20111002_152356.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20111002_152337.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20111002_152326.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20111002_152246.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20111002_152201.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20111002_151901.jpg]
Crap, that looks nice Mongoose!

Good to know that your still alive though Rolleyes
2 first pics doesnt work :/ Rly nice car though Biggrin Looks veri good
[Image: IMG_20110901_203716.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20110901_203648.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20110827_112518.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20110822_225258.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20110822_225619.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20110822_183836.jpg]
Good shout on getting the DSG
Cheers Crillie, I duno why the first two dont work seem alright to me. ahh well.

Went down to a show @ Silverstone last month and got a few good quality pics that really show the colours off well.

[Image: 6116146796_75ef678fea_z.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0439.jpg]
[Image: 6113265613_4f113fbee8.jpg]
Sweet, I'm looking to get a new car in the next 6 months, and came across the DSG gearbox on the new VW Golf - from what I read about it I am seriously impressed! A bit tempted by a Seat now though, will have a look around after Christmas.
Seat/Skoda/VW/Audi all share the same platforms. The VW/Audi are generally more expensive with the badges, Skoda is around the same price as Seat but for example the Fabia VRS(same engine) is weighed down with 35kg of weight in the rear bumper to give it a less edgy drive. more a familiy car that can still give the poor dad a good drive when he wants it.

Best part- its 15 more to tax, its BETTER on petrol, and its CHEAPER to insure than the fiesta Biggrin
You'll be in trouble with the DSG box, especially if it's the 7 speed one (which I sort of doubt). It has a dry clutch and it will break about every 30k kilometers Closedeyes. The 6 speed is more reliable, but still bound to fall apart every now and then. VAG... Volkswagen Group I mean, has yet to get the grasp on those transmissions..
Do you left-foot brake? I've always wondered that with automatics, cos if you do it must take so long to teach your left foot that it is pressing the brake not the clutch and to be gentle Tongue
(2011-10-09 14:31)Audiojack Wrote: [ -> ]You'll be in trouble with the DSG box, especially if it's the 7 speed one (which I sort of doubt). It has a dry clutch and it will break about every 30k kilometers Closedeyes. The 6 speed is more reliable, but still bound to fall apart every now and then. VAG... Volkswagen Group I mean, has yet to get the grasp on those transmissions..

It is a dual dry clutch DSG unit with 7 speeds one clutch for 1,3,5+7 one for 2,4,6. Who else has a better grasp on them, porsche invented them, VAG, and the Bug veryon has a spesh one too built buy someone else. Im not sure how many other makers have double clutch gear boxes.

The tolerances in the DSG units are so small there will always be mistakes. They are sealed for life units so if it goes bang its a brand new one. not something that gets fixed "every 30k". I belive someone on Seatcupra.net got it replaced under warranty and the price would of been £5-£6k. Very expensive.

But you need to look at the amount of these engines/gear boxes VAG actully make compared to the compalints you will see on forums. I swee/saw nothing but problems with the 1.4 tsi engines/dsg boxes on the forums but again forums magnify problems. The two problems I was expecting (oil consumption and injectors) and I asked for them to be sorted already before I picked the car up. (VAG changed the injectors to a more efficient spray pattern early 11). and as for the Oil, these drink it for the first 5-10k miles. Ive already stuck a litre in but I have done almost 3k miles in it.

3 year warranty is where its at anyway.Thumbup1

THe box/car is great, very jekkly and hyde. can cruise along saving my petrol (goes into 7th @ 45mph, shows how strong an engine it is with pul even @ that speed/gear) but if I boot it it drosp down a few and flies. Or I can flick the paddles/ move the stick into tiptronic and away I go. Smile
I don't know about complaints on forums, I heard it from a friend who works at a local Volkswagen repair shop. Laugh
Welcome Back Mongoose Wink

Nice car, if you make it anything like the fiesta then I'm looking forward to it Tongue

Also love the Likes sticker on the back Biggrin
(2011-10-09 14:33)Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Do you left-foot brake? I've always wondered that with automatics, cos if you do it must take so long to teach your left foot that it is pressing the brake not the clutch and to be gentle Tongue

Ive not had it long enough to be driving like that, plus I aint on a track or anything. But with the VAG ones you cant as it disengages the throttle anyway.

(2011-10-09 14:51)McGherkin Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome Back Mongoose Wink

Nice car, if you make it anything like the fiesta then I'm looking forward to it Tongue

Also love the Likes sticker on the back Biggrin

Well for the moment Im leaving it as it is. Its good as it is. A remap will be the first thing I do to it.

210-220bhp and 300+nm or torque and 5s 60's W00t

Some Guys on ZSOC were slating the car saying it wouldnt be as fast as a corsa vxr or a honda type r but then (thankfully) someone posted up this vid of a standard cupra killing them and a focus ST along a quarter mile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m28_HDRpZGY

larve it!
(2011-10-09 13:51)Johan. Wrote: [ -> ]Crap, that looks nice Mongoose!

Good to know that your still alive though Rolleyes

Haha thanks its nice to see names I remember too!

Jay
Looks hot....

Needs lowering tho!!
I know proper tractor ride height! Though it does handles really nicely its got a XDS mimics a Limited slip diff so works really nicey on roundabout and corners when your hammering it. I wasnt expecting it to be as good to drive as me fez but its doing alright so far Smile
The Blue ZS behind it in the last pic is sexy, but i bet the Ibiza is more powerful Wink You put your foot down yet? Tongue
It looks horrible Smile

Nice to see you around btw Smile
There was plenty of nice cars there, mine defo stood out- I was on the Fiesta Zetec S Owners Club stand! That Civic in the pic *should* just about keep up. IT should with 10-20 more bhp but Hondas have sh1t all torque. I have a sticker that says Vtec(<<< lol? I didnt put that Smile) V T E C This! with a hand with one finger up aha but ive not put that on. Id rather keep my shiny new car shiny and new

Yeah had my toe down a bit god it goes. its overtaking ability in gear is just immense. The fez was good but you had to ring its nuts off to get any power. Where as this has big torque and pull from so low down. Proper good fun. Sport mode is a waste of time Full manual is where its at if your hooning about. Sport mode revs it too much and keeps the revs too high when it really doesnt need to be redlined all the time to make progress. I just have it in normal D mode and just flick the paddles up or down as and when I want to.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's