[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Another Lost Plane - Flight QZ8501
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AirAsia Indonesia flight QZ8501 to Singapore missing

TL;DR.

WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR:
- AirAsia flight QZ8501 bound for Singapore from Surabaya, Indonesia and carrying 162 people on board went missing Sunday morning.
- Contact with the plane was lost around an hour after departure, somewhere over the Java Sea between Belitung island and Pontianak, on Indonesia's part of Kalimantan island.
- Search and rescue operations have been launched with the Indonesian army as well as Singapore and Malaysia scouring the area around Belitung.

Yahoo News

More information: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30614627
_____

If anything bad has happened, which obviously is the case, all the best for the families and rest in peace.
I'm intrigued to know why it is more common in that part of the world.

Looking at Borja's link, I doubt the plane was hijacked, but it looks like it's fault of the pilots as it mentions it decreases speeds to ~350 knots and could of possible stalled because of high altitude.
Damn, tomorow my mum,sister & grandmother gonna fly to Egypten from Sweden hope everything goes well.
The pilot requested to increase altitude to avoid really poor weather conditions and also requested to change route because it's possible it was too late to redirect for a landing. According to BBC news and Twitter feed that is.

It's unusual to have such a common occurrence in these areas, awful. Hope things are resolved for the best of the families involved.
Nice to hear when travelling back to home in 2 days Smile
The commercial aircraft incidents in 2014 have all either been African or Asian, the majority being Asian.

Even considering the amount of flights per day, I'd still be rather uncomfortable on an Asian airline unless it's Singapore Airline. The amount of incidents on the Asian airlines this year is quite concerning.
BP, Malaysia Airlines had nothing to do with the crash of MH17 (could've been KLM, Air France, Lufthansa, any carrier which uses that line, but it was Malaysia who was flying there by accident, 10 minutes later and it would have been a KLM plane I believe), MH370 is a really weird case though.

As far as I know Garuda Indonesia is very reliable, as is JAL (Japanese), Korean Airlines, and several others.
Marty Wrote:BP, Malaysia Airlines had nothing to do with the crash of MH17

Except for flying over a warzone.
Several other plane carriers did that, it could've been any carrier flying there.
I understand your point, but I don't think many people thought those missiles could reach 10kms up in the sky, while they were operated by a bunch of guys who only know these BUK installations from CoD...
Lets be honest its a big coincidence that all of them are mainly Asian Airlines, and also many of them in the same zone // area....
They've found parts of the plane already. Also passengers.
Reference URL's