[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Fundraising for my Cousin Tyler.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello to everyone within the TC Community.

I dont expect all of you to care about this, and I expect there may be a few people who comment not so nice things. But I really want to get the word out for my cousin, as it means a lot to me and the rest of my family.

My cousin Tyler, was lately sent into hospital after having several fits of which no one had any idea why they happened. Tyler went into hospital to have several scans done to help find the possible cause of the fits.

The news wasn't good.

We found out that Tyler had a brain Tumour the size of a lemon, and several tumours down the back of his spine. The brain tumour is cancerous, which obviously means he has cancer. It was news which none of us wanted to hear.

Tyler then went on to stay in hospital and have several operations including chemotherapy. The hospital did a great job of managing to get the Tumour the size of a lemon, all the way down to an equal size of a Raisin.

However, this did not stop the fact that Tyler has cancer, and his life was slowly deteriorating. It has now got to the point where Tyler can not move freely without support, and can not speak properly.

We would love to have all the help we possibly can, and any donations from anyone, no matter how much it is, even if its a few pennies, it all helps. This will go towards helping him around in general, and being able to provide things at home, all the way to allowing him to have his dream holiday at Disney Land.

I would love it if any of you, in the TC Community would be able to donate, or spread the word in ANY way.

The donation link is below if anyone is willing to help.

http://www.gofundme.com/jlru6o

Thank you.

From Lewis, and the rest of our family.
Just an update on how we are doing if anyone is interested, We have raised £450 of £1,000 , Raised by 12 people in 1 day.

If anyone is wanting to know a bit more, then ill go into a bit of detail on what cancer it actually is. I personally can't say a massive amount, due to know having 100% correct knowledge of the Cancer.

The type of Cancer the hospital believe Tyler has is Medulloblastoma. Medulloblastoma is a type of brain tumor which begins when normal cells in the brain change and grow uncontrollably, unfortunately forming a mass. Due to this tumor being cancerous, it is malignant and can spread to other parts of the body.

As some of you may know, the brain and spinal column make up the central nervous system, where all vital everyday functions such as thought, speech, body strength etc is controlled. Medulloblastoma begins in granular cells in the cerebellum, which in the back of the brain. The cerebellum controls body movement and coordination. This is why Tyler is now unable to walk without assistance or support and has also almost completely lost his speech.

There are several treatment options which can be done to help lower the risk of the tumor, but unfortunately, in most cases will not remove the tumor. Tyler has been through 6 weeks of Chemotherapy, and the hospital are looking into doing another 6 weeks with him next month. Chemotherapy is the use of drugs to destroy tumor cells, usually by stopping the tumor cells’ ability to grow and divide. Chemotherapy is given by a pediatric oncologist or a medical oncologist, a doctor who specializes in treating a tumor with medication. The side effects of chemotherapy depend on the individual and the dose used, but they can include fatigue, risk of infection, nausea and vomiting, hair loss, loss of appetite, and diarrhea. These side effects usually go away once treatment is finished. Unfortunately, Tyler has lost his hair due to having this treatment.

Another main treatment is Radiation Therapy, which Tyler will be having done soon. Radiation therapy is the use of high-energy x-rays or other particles to destroy tumor cells. A doctor who specializes in giving radiation therapy to treat a tumor is called a radiation oncologist. The most common type of radiation treatment is called external-beam radiation therapy, which is radiation given from a machine outside the body. When radiation treatment is given using implants, it is called internal radiation therapy or brachytherapy. A radiation therapy regimen (schedule) usually consists of a specific number of treatments given over a set period of time.

Of course one of the main ways of trying to remove a tumor, Is Surgery. Tyler did have this done and as I said they managed to reduce the size of the tumor a lot, but unfortunately could not remove it.

I hope this helps to give you more of an idea on what situation Tyler is in.

Thanks.

Lewis and the rest of our family.
What you do is really nice and I appreciate it, I wish I could give you some pennies if that was possible but I can only give you my moral support through this little reply and by sharing your history. Best of luck for you and for your cousin Tyler, hope he'll get better.
(2015-01-04 16:18)Val Wrote: [ -> ]What you do is really nice and I appreciate it, I wish I could give you some pennies if that was possible but I can only give you my moral support through this little reply and by sharing your history. Best of luck for you and for your cousin Tyler, hope he'll get better.

Thanks bro, Any support is great to see Smile

Another update.

We have raised an amazing £1,030 of £2,000!

We have decided to bump the target upto £2000 as soon as we reached £1000 and we want to massively thank everyone for the support.

Please, feel free to get the word out and share the link as it means so much to us.

Thanks.

Another Update!

We have amazingly been able to get into the local news in London, Echo. We got Front page and a Full Page 3 article.

You can see the online article here: http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/11712662...come_true/

We have now raised an amazing £1,690 of £2,000

Thanks.

Reference URL's