[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: New Earphones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright. Today my earphones broke and i want to try something new. The ones i currently have are Shure SE846 and they are absolutely fantastic.

These are to be used as in ear monitors for when i'm working as a sound engineer and for general use, like games and music. Got any suggestions on what to get?
If you got some experience on this i would love to hear it!

Requirements
  • Sound cancelling greater than 25db
  • Detachable cables with formable wire
  • Customizable Frequency Response
  • Over-the-ear configuration cables
  • Max price: 1,700€
I hear these are amazing bang for your buck!
Yes, what Hoshi suggested, they are amazing!

You're willing to spend over €1.5k on a set of earphones? Damn.
Yes i am. To be able to do what i need to, when i'm working i need the very best. And the work pays 80% of the cost now so its not all my money. You see, if i'm supposed to do the monitor work for musicians on stage i need to have the same kind of equipment. And they are all using In-Ear monitors similar to the Shure SE846.

And please try to keep this thread serious
That makes more sense. I have no experience with high end, noise canceling monitors so I guess my contribution ends here!
The SE846's are pretty hard to beat Scared But perhaps you would be interested in trying the Westone W60 or the Westone UM Pro 50. They don't have quite the punch as the Shure but they bring out more from acoustic tunes and I know you would enjoy that Smile
I haven't looked to much into it my self yet, but these two will definitely have a good chance! Smile
Quote:They don't have quite the punch as the Shure but they bring out more from acoustic tunes and I know you would enjoy that
You couldn't be more right Smile
I bought this a couple month ago for 399kr in sweden money, its awesome surround 7.1 max db on sub is +20

http://www.netonnet.no/art/lyd-og-hodete...1165.4996/
that might be closer to fullfilling the
(2015-01-07 04:25)TigR Wrote: [ -> ]Requirements
  • Sound cancelling greater than 25db
  • Detachable cables with formable wire
  • Customizable Frequency Response
  • Over-the-ear configuration cables
  • Max price: 1,700€
than your golf, still far far faaaaar away
Alright.. I dont give a shit about how loud or how much bass i can get out of a headset. Then i might as well just buy some Beats. What i need and want is detail.
Come on guys, TigR has a simple request and everyone is giving him gaming shiz. He's looking for In ear monitor speakers, you see bands live surely, notice they have the wires run down the side of there neck (even on TV shows). That's the sort of equipment TigR is looking for. High end stuff for professional use. Not gaming use or Casual Smile

Unfortunately, don't really know any better company other than Shure for top PA sound systems.
You cant find anything better than Shures currently Smile
Or if you like vocals more than bass, those new Westones could be yours
(2015-01-07 17:26)petsu Wrote: [ -> ]You cant find anything better than Shures currently Smile
Or if you like vocals more than bass, those new Westones could be yours

Well, that's the thing. The Shure's have been on the market for a 'long' time now and they are getting, ehm, call it outdated(tho they are not bad at all). The reason i asked this question is to see if anyone know about anything else fun on the market, other than the Shure's I've been using for ages.
Check out JH Roxanne Universal, they are something new and quite flashy Tongue
Reference URL's