[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: New command ingame
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

Just got a little and simpel idea, as you know ingame you can type !help, and all the help commands come up, I suggest that you make one with !Rules, and yes its so you can see the rules, rules page 1 is !rules1 and then 2 3 4 5 you name it. THink this would be a good idea, for new players who join, because then you can just say to them, try type !rules 3 and check what stands about drifting in aroundbound, and also for us, then its easier to access the rules.

Morreboy
Nice idea, it is really just this but implanted into the server and not the user.

http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=2832
Really good idea, but I don't see this in the near future and I can't quite put my finger on why.

But I would love to see it, +1
Lewis script works fine for me. It would be nice to have this server side for everyone to see. But then again is it really needed?
(2015-01-08 09:39)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]Lewis script works fine for me. It would be nice to have this server side for everyone to see. But then again is it really needed?
Exactly this.
Wouldn't mind to see this added to the insim, if Chuck's willing to do it.
I would never use it doe xP
but why not?

im neutral
Personally don't mind. Wouldn't be a bad feature if it's not too much effort.
I think it is the same as giving the rules' link to the new users to let them read the whole rules in one page. Also remember when you currently type !help to see the commands we have nowadays it keeps showing others people messages so it would be a bit messy as you would have to read rules while people's chats keep appearing therefore making rules dissapear from your screen.
It is a quite nice idea if we could have it in the insim in a button just like HOME button we already have. In the other hand it may be a bit hard for Chuck to add the whole rule list to the servers too.

Neutral
I would rather see a command like !rules which shows you the link for the rules page instead.
(2015-01-08 22:00)Venom Wrote: [ -> ]I would rather see a command like !rules which shows you the link for the rules page instead.

Not really needed. The URL is displayed in the server message upon connection, is displayed within the [TC] Banner (HUD #6) and is frequently posted by admins/experienced users through binds in the main chat. There's no excuse.
IMO there are multiple problems:

-displaying long texts in chat is pointless as it scrolls out way too fast.
-insim was not designed to display huge texts in buttons, it actually can make players lag out
-it would require many insim buttons
-the rules would need to be split manually into those buttons for best fit -> ridiculous amount of work
-the rules would need to be maintained in multiple places (rather than just one official one)
-rule changes become complicated endeavours since it requires testing and insim changes each time

The only way with a reasonable amount of work is like displaying some page with the most important things like in the joiner screen, like don't ram swear or cheat, with a "understood" button.
However, I know several other servers do it, and it's usually a terrible nuisance as it smashes in your face even before you know what the server is about.

Another idea might be having some tip-of-the-day thing. Telling people things that even regulars don't know.
(2015-01-09 07:12)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]Another idea might be having some tip-of-the-day thing. Telling people things that even regulars don't know.

Could that be a use for the ad banner at the bottom of the screen if there's no events to promote?
Reference URL's