[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Team [CSR] Forum!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, as it seems that Trance hasnt put the new forum up yet, and probably will not in the near future, Me and Starter put up a forum to use for now.

*Click*

If there is any problems, contact either Toni or Starter.

Team [CSR] Management
Not to bother, Seems like we both used the same theme xD
http://justcruiselfs.com/forum

Oh and if you need any help setting up the team tags and usergroups etc. Contact me via PM because I have noticed that you have Registered as [CSR] Toni! Tongue
Its due to change though Wink Has a small bug in it...
(2015-01-22 18:42)Cameron T Wrote: [ -> ]Not to bother, Seems like we both used the same theme xD

There are a lot of free themes for MyBB in the web, but most of them are out of date, they are not compatible with the newest cms versions, so we used the best we have found.

Sometimes i regret that i didnt used SMF or phpBB, but MyBB is well known for this community users so i think it was the best choice.
Looks good guys! Glad to see someones pulling their weight!
Thanks Wink

I still need to try to backup some stuff i remember from the old forums though.

The team has gone through some hard times lately, got to do something to bring the old glory back...

Ps.

Feel free to expect something coming up soon Wink
MyBB I personally think is the best freeware Forum. If you are looking to pay for one, go for IPBoards. Good software. here is an example ( http://briskoda.net/forums )
Also, the adverts are hideous. Whenever I open a forum section I get a new tab with some betting site advert. What's the need for this?
Pete, I don't have any ads when I open it, try to delete browser history, or change browser Smile
I had ads appear when I visited yesterday.
I dont get any adverts at all.

Please bare in mind, its a free forum, so it has ads. We are planning on to buy a domain at some point.

If the ads bother you, theres nothing i can do to help.
(2015-01-25 16:57)Toni Wrote: [ -> ]If the ads bother you, theres nothing i can do to help.

I do.

https://adblockplus.org/
There's a slight difference between a small non-invasive ad on the front page or something, and this.

Those ads are not good. There are popup advertisements which you have to close, and a new page opening when you click on something...

Slightly bad that you'd need ad blocker to visit a forum.
Well, im not the one who put the forum up, i just made all the threads and categories.

We are solving the Ad problem, and if we cant fix it, we might try to find one without ads Smile
It might be something to do with the free host you're using. There are plenty to choose from, I think an unlucky one was chosen.

Luckily, it seems not much time has been dedicated into the forum so far so it shouldn't be too much of a problem changing at this point.

Good luck.
Might ADblocker can help but dunno if that is only for youtube.
(2015-01-25 21:45)Jimmy Wrote: [ -> ]Might ADblocker can help but dunno if that is only for youtube.

It does work for pretty much any site, anywhere.

But using an Ad Blocker is besides the point here. The point is that you should be able to browse a community forum free of any serious* advertising.

*Annoying adverts opening in tabs and new windows, as opposed to small square adverts at the side of the page.
I think we know it already Jimmy...

On an more serious note, we found a site with no ads, and the forum will be transefred into it soon.
There should be no more pop-up adverts or any adverts at all.

Server was changed.
Sorry its been so long guys the forums hopefully will be up in the next month, that being july.
working 2 jobs and stupid hours is cutting my gaming time to virtually 0
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's