[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: LFS Connection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I keep on getting connection problems to servers, this is what i get

UDP Packet not recieved

can anyone tell me what this is Please, both internet connections im using are very good and signal strength is excellent.
Every message, or thing you do over the internet, are 'sent' to the server via packages. There are 2 ways of sending those packages, because, it doesnt have a few things that TCP has (handshake: making sure there's a 'stable' connection and/or making sure the sended packages arived to the destination), its a slight bit faster.

Translation to 'non-nerdy' language: there's a packet, required for lfs to connect to servers, wich doesnt arive to your computer, or the server. If the problem is with more servers on LFS, it might be on your side. As I'd think some 'portforwarding' should do the trick, I can't really find the ports to open. As, the most threads on LFSForum are talking about hosting a server.

Do you have this problem on a regular base (more then a few times a day), or just once in a while? (once a week, month, year)
I've had it often this week with my home Net, about 6 or 7 times, and have also been getting it at work too about 4 or 5 times. Both nets are stable (internet at work speedtest is)
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1707790445.png
as i am at work as we speak
This could be interresting:

1. You're playing at more locations (different connections)
2. Its not just one server (? Confirm this please)

So, the possible thing I'd think off, is a firewall limiting LFS from time to time. As, I don't think your boss will like it if your messing around with their network equipment, can you try to check your firewall, at your computer at home? (If you need help with that, just gimme a shout, either via PM or TS, I'll explain what I'll be doing then)

To erh, an a.. one of the TC's: could you move this thread to the General help and technical support bit of the forum?

http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=9
1) Yes i play whilst at work and also at home
2) Yes happens on other servers

dont no anything about firewall Confused1 that is going to technical for me

1) Home Laptop used to be fine its only been recently this has happened
2) Work i use the same laptop i do at home as i do at work as i wont download LFS on the new PC in my office.
Alright then, want to meet up at TS tomorrow today in the afternoon (2-ish GMT?), so I can take a peek via remote-controll? (Only if you allow me to, otherwise i'll try to point it out step for step, but remote-controll is easier)
i will be in bed all day 2moro as im back on nightshift from 6pm sunday and im doing the nighshift now as we speak..
So if your free on monday that would be great Johan

Thanks
Ahh alright then, I'll try to get online on monday then.
Reference URL's