[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Traffic lights?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Right, let's put this one to bed.

We seriously considered the possibility of implementing traffic lights after the open configs came out.

We decided that there would only be any benefit if there were specific junctions with poor visibility and high traffic density. As the open configs were still new, we monitored the situation for a while to see if there was anywhere that fulfilled those conditions. Turns out there wasn't.

There is currently nowhere on any of the tracks that would benefit from adding traffic lights.
(2011-10-12 15:11)Elmo Wrote: [ -> ]There is currently nowhere on any of the tracks that would benefit from adding traffic lights.

Perhaps not, but it may make gameplay a bit more interesting.
It sounds good. But having everyone que up for the light and one little immature person come and ram everyone into a frenzy isnt my cup of tea.

And besides IMO with chases it is very dangerous
I think if we implemented traffic lights, it'd be easier to count who pays attention to them than who doesn't.

Just not needed really. Maybe if there was some mahoosive redesign of that 6-way FE junction they might help, but roundabouts seem to handle it fine.
As elmo said, i can't really think of any situation where they would useful. Traffic flow is just too small to make use of traffic lights.
Could be useful on the big autobahn junction. Though the roundabout does the job.
The autobahn situtation is abysmal! No one stopped and looked anyway but with the recent changes its even bloody worse! Half the time I was having to avoid cars more often than before. It was bad before but at least then they didnt drive on not giving a toss that they almost totalled not just your car but theirs. Id rather be turned over along with the idiot who just pulled out infront of me rather than me, on my roof and the idiot driving off not giving a damn with a pathetic 'Sorry, NP' bind -.- /rantover

Still. Traffic lights, good in theory, just not good for [TC].
Would be indeed nice but everyone would ignore them.
And if this get accepted it should be added to the Fine List.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's