[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Those damn telemarketers!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys thought i just post up my annoyance of telemarketers. i just had 1 now and here is how it goes.

Me: Hello, Harley speaking?
Telemarketer: (3 second delay) Oh hello my name is ishka from home assessment and solar panel's, how are you doing today?
Me: very well.
Telemarketer: that is great, so sir am i talking to the home owner?
Me: no sorry you have called a rental property, the landlords live in Melbourne.
(telemarketer hangs up, cant be bothered to say "ok thank you for your time")
Me: what a rude woman!

feel free to share on this thread

Harley
Usually people do that the other way around here, we get so wound up getting called by these people trying to sell crap all the time that we just hang up and/or tell them to piss off. Tongue
I usually get one once every 6 months. Here's how it goes.

Me: *picks up phone* Hello
Scammer: Hello, is this [ME] speaking?
Me: Err yes, may I ask who are you?
Scammer: I am isreem from the British Crash and Investigation survey, also known as the BCIS. We have found out that you have been involved in a crash last week, we would like your direct debit details to give you compensation.
Me: That's funny because I don't drive (that's a lie), and I don't have a bank account. (Also a lie)
Scammer: (i can hear voices in the background, mostly saying, oh crap/shit/no he knows we are trying to scam him) OK then sir, thanks for your time. *Hangs up*

Scammers and telemarketers are always trying to get your sensitive details and sell them on. It really pisses me off.
Ask them to hold as someone is at the door, and you'll be one moment.

Place the phone down, walk off.

If they're still on the call some time later, come back and tell then you're sorry for the delay and that you have to go.

At least they can't scam others while they're on "hold".
I've had 3 calls on my mobile that I refuse to answer from telemarketers.
Yeah, we don't have telemarketing or phone scammers here Smile
Last time I encountered one, she was offering a tabloid subscription with a 'magnificent, high quality jacket' as a free gift.
I just either close the call when they first greet and tell where they're calling from, or just say "I don't have time to listen to you" and then close the call.
Thank god i got prepaid.... dont get any of this shite at all...
I never even answer strange numbers unless I'm expecting a call from one.
(2015-03-02 14:28)Fatteeh Wrote: [ -> ]I never even answer strange numbers unless I'm expecting a call from one.

That's exactly what I do as well.
If it's important they can leave a message.
(2015-03-02 15:57)KaraK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-02 14:28)Fatteeh Wrote: [ -> ]I never even answer strange numbers unless I'm expecting a call from one.

That's exactly what I do as well.
If it's important they can leave a message.

True, this is what I usually do as well, but sometimes I'll answer more eagerly if I'm selling stuff on Nettiauto/Nettivaraosa Biggrin
Has anybody ever had the 'Virus repair line' intentionally used for hacking people who fall for it?

I troll.
Or the people who claim to be from Microsoft, asking for remote connection details to investigate a virus you apparently have on your PC.

Play along. When they tell you to go to the start menu, struggle to find it. Say you've tried looking absolutely everywhere and the fact that you can't see the start menu button anywhere. Then, tell them that you have a Mac.

Lmao that's great hahaha

Did she really spell I-D-I-O-D-S? :'D
I thought it was I d I o t s

Either way, pissed myself watching it.
Once someone called and asked if we had pulls/knobs on our kitchen drawers. I sure was a bit confused since I have a hidden number and have never gotten a call from telemarketers
I coincidentally saw this on Facebook earlier.

Reference URL's