[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Total Solar Eclipse 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
20.03.2015 from 07:41–11:50 UTC

‘A solar eclipse occurs when the Moon passes between Earth and the Sun, thereby totally or partly obscuring the image of the Sun for a viewer on Earth.’
Source: Wikipedia

[Image: path720.png]

Area seeing the total solar eclipse. (Svalbard [Norway] and the Faroe Islands)
More than 90% of the sun is covered. (Europe, northern and eastern Asia and northern and western Africa.)
Up to 90% of the sun is covered. (Europe, northern and eastern Asia and northern and western Africa.)
Up to 40% of the sun is covered. (Europe, northern and eastern Asia and northern and western Africa.)
Eclipse is not visible at all.

Get your glasses on!
Thumbup1
Can't wait to see it!!!
I can't wait!
[Image: SE2015Mar20T.GIF]

Unless you're in the 100% zone, you won't notice anything. Its not like a lightbulb is dimmed down by 50% or so. However, you can still see the partial sun if you have those special eclipse-sunglasses OR, as I found out, I simple DVD-R. Look through the little gaps, where no colorprint has been applied, and it will work just fine.

Edit: It may be noted that the dvd (or similar) methods are not considered safe. However, 1 or 2 seconds shouldn't hurt, but in the end its up to you.
(2015-03-12 06:56)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]Unless you're in the 100% zone, you won't notice anything. Its not like a lightbulb is dimmed down by 50% or so.

Are you sure? Unless I have misunderstood your reply, here's how it will approximately look like here in Finland: http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/in/fi...o=20150320

Though, I haven't any (reasonable) experience in eclipses, be it lunar or solar, because the last time I had been watching them was when I was about 7 years old.
i think thats what u might see though those special glasses. i would refrain from trying to look at it with custom stuff, or just really, really short.

not my vid, but this is what we had 2011:
[Image: SE2011Jan04P.gif]

not much recognizable.
(2015-03-12 16:38)Warped Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-12 06:56)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]Unless you're in the 100% zone, you won't notice anything. Its not like a lightbulb is dimmed down by 50% or so.

Are you sure? Unless I have misunderstood your reply, here's how it will approximately look like here in Finland: http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/in/fi...o=20150320

Though, I haven't any (reasonable) experience in eclipses, be it lunar or solar, because the last time I had watching them was when I was about 7 years old.

You surely can see the covered sun with those glasses. But everything else just appears normal. You wont notice 90%, everything just looks normal, you cannot see any difference in brightness. Some animals feel the difference, dogs may yowl and bark.
I once had the pleasure of a total eclipse in southern Germany (1999?).
Thought one had already gone O.o

Was discussing this in our Physics class. Should be interesting.
Don't forget to play this while watching:

Coming Zombie!

Be careful!
Ah, right, now I understand it. Thank you for explaining it, Chuck and Barney.

I own a pair of solar eclipse glasses, so I guess I can see it with them.
Finally we're best at something!
Take some pictures Leon. Tongue
He's gonna' have a whale of a time.
Gonna enjoy that in our maths class.
(2015-03-19 13:59)Venom Wrote: [ -> ]Gonna enjoy that in our maths class.

Too bad! We have an organised session for the event. Wink
12-15 hours left!

Be careful!
http://illvet.se/solformorkelse Countdown just se link you can se it at right Smile sorry its swedish yes.
Nothing but fog here. However, BBC1 is broadcasting live from an aircraft. I guess all from the UK may have access to the BBC-web-player. Thanks to my own dish, I can upload the raw mpeg stream to my PC at work or mobileSmile
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's