[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: A320 crashed in France
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm interested in knowing why it crashed. There were 142+6 (8) people on-board, so rest in peace.
Rest in peace.

Need to fly on Sunday, news like this always happens a few days before I need to fly...
Sad news indeed, rest in peace.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32030270
Some more technical information here: http://avherald.com/h?article=483a5651&opt=0

Their servers are quite overloaded at the moment, so you may or may not be lucky to get on the above page.

Avherald Site (Click to View)
[Image: 55119b99e00c6-IMG_20150324_181105.jpg]
There is the crash
(2015-03-24 11:43)Weelob Wrote: [ -> ]Rest in peace.

Need to fly on Sunday, news like this always happens a few days before I need to fly...

Im flying on Friday!!! To JFK!!!
(2015-03-24 17:50)Raz! Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-24 11:43)Weelob Wrote: [ -> ]Rest in peace.

Im flying on Friday!!! To JFK!!!

Like the plane would drop...

One plane drops = People think every plane drops

But R-I-P to everyone on da plane.

Administrator Message by: Warped

No avoidance of the swear filter / swearing, please
I love how they instantly report the number of children and elderly just to make the accident sound worse. I hate media and technology. It is very uncommon for an aircraft accident and yearly there is an average of 10 or less now. But since the media reports on every one from every corner of the globe everyone thinks they are going to die on a plane. You are exponentially more likely to die driving to work in the morning than on a plane for vacation. My dad flew a weekly flight when I was little and the one week he didn't fly it went down, but he still flies all the time. How else would you get across the ocean in a timely manner etc. Just my $0.02

That being said in for cause and more info. Must have been something altitude related. Maybe even hypoxia. RIP to those on board.
Things go wrong on a plane all the time. The pilots are so well trained, you don't even notice a difference.
(2015-03-24 19:49)Blade3562 Wrote: [ -> ]I love how they instantly report the number of children and elderly just to make the accident sound worse. I hate media and technology. It is very uncommon for an aircraft accident and yearly there is an average of 10 or less now. But since the media reports on every one from every corner of the globe everyone thinks they are going to die on a plane. You are exponentially more likely to die driving to work in the morning than on a plane for vacation. My dad flew a weekly flight when I was little and the one week he didn't fly it went down, but he still flies all the time. How else would you get across the ocean in a timely manner etc. Just my $0.02

That being said in for cause and more info. Must have been something altitude related. Maybe even hypoxia. RIP to those on board.

I'm terrified of flying and even considering buying a ticket makes me want to panic. I know it isn't rational, but fears/phobias rarely (never?) are.

Flying is extremely safe, I know that - Much, much safer than a car ever will be, but if I crash in a car, I die, or I don't. It's instantaneous and that's it. In a plane, you're cruising at ~30.000ft and if something goes wrong, you're forced to sit in a metal tube with crying and screaming strangers and wait for death for however long it takes the plane to reach ground level. In a car crash I don't risk facing an existential crisis like that.

I know that pilots are trained for everything and that planes have backups for everything as well, but like I said: Fear isn't rational.
(2015-03-25 17:00)Leon Wrote: [ -> ]I'm terrified of flying and even considering buying a ticket makes me want to panic. I know it isn't rational, but fears/phobias rarely (never?) are.

Flying is extremely safe, I know that - Much, much safer than a car ever will be, but if I crash in a car, I die, or I don't. It's instantaneous and that's it. In a plane, you're cruising at ~30.000ft and if something goes wrong, you're forced to sit in a metal tube with crying and screaming strangers and wait for death for however long it takes the plane to reach ground level. In a car crash I don't risk facing an existential crisis like that.

I know that pilots are trained for everything and that planes have backups for everything as well, but like I said: Fear isn't rational.

Well, not all plane crashes are like that. And a lot of them are actually survivable.

I think a lot of plane crashes are on takeoff and landing.

Also, I don't like flying either. Probably seen too many plane crash films.
The investigators are now fully sure that the aircraft's captain wasn't inside the cockpit during the crash and it looks like the co-pilot would've locked him outside and deliberately crashed the aircraft into the French Alps.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/26/co-pilot-o...h-5121735/

Yep, would appear that the psycho decided to take all those innocent people with him into the death. I'm sort of glad that it probably wasn't a problem with the plane, although it is scary that when you take a flight, you know that you put your life in the pilots hands and this could happen. Luckily most people aren't that insane.

Rest in peace to all those victims.
Discusting, the act of taking your own life is a selfish act on it's own. It hurts your family, you friends and no matter how hard life is, it makes it worse for those close to you. What that Co-Pilot allegedly did takes selfishness to a whole new level... He'd had enough and so he decided the fate of hundreads of people including families of the people that died, his own family and even the airline.

No matter how bad his life may have been he doesn't deserve an ounce of sympathy from anyone. Pisses me off to no end how selfish one person can be.

R.I.P to the victims.
Well said Howlin. I doubt he thought it through. Most likely just thought about his own life and didn't care about anything else in the moment. Selfish, yes, very. Terrible to think about that he destroyed an entire school class because of it.
There have been also rumors now that the Malaysian Airlines' flight MH 370 might have suffered the same fate.
Very bad, if the officials are actually correct.
The only silver lining is that he did it in a deserted area and not in the middle of a city centre.
Pf..all can pass with Malaysian.. cant tell nothing about it.In this case..i think that all of pasagenrs never have anything part of bad of co-pilot problems..

Rip for all..
R.I.P - I really am shocked... People mess up other peoples live just because they have some sort of problems... Why does it always have to do with planes??? :'(
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's