[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Pitstops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

Now with the newest patch G16 you can place pitstops that actully works.

How often have you as TOW/RES/MED responded to a car that cant stear. Or even move, and lets add more. He is at the other end of the map.

Now the complicated job is comming. First get enogh cars to the scene, then start pushing. Every 10 second one of the cars drive to fast or to slow and the car gets out to the grass. With the new westhill you need to use the whole road if your gonna start this complicated process and takes alot of time.

What if medic, tow and rescue could do !pitstop +/- that spawns a pitstop the wrecked car could use?

YES YES PEOPLE CAN ABUSE THATS WHY WE HAVE RULES (And think on so much other things that can be abused)
Rules Wrote:1.10 Don't try to cheat or abuse the system.
Kinda ruins the point in "towing". However, I'm not very sure that the object system in lfs was designed for that purpose. I personally don't think we need such a feature, especially as we now can place actual repair zones on decent places around the track.

Additionally, I think meds and tows should do a bit more than just driving around and press !pitstop+.
Dan already said this. Tongue

+1
This makes the job of MED/RES/TOW useless. The job was made for them to go and help people not place pitstops next to them, its more fun towing a person back to the pits. -1
Quote:What if medic, tow and rescue could do !pitstop +/- that spawns a pitstop the wrecked car could use?

In my opinion it kill the most of the rescues job and it's a way too easy. I prefer to completely tow a car and being happy of my job.

Quote:With the new westhill you need to use the whole road if your gonna start this complicated process and takes alot of time.

If you tow with competent people that doesn't ruin your work ( ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ ) and if you have civilians who slow down for caution, it's quite fun.

Example: Yesterday we towed a V.I.P, except the total madness that happened near the pits (thanks again..) it was fun.

I have to say -1 to this.
Just no.
As I said in another thread:
BP Wrote:That's a bit easy then. Could be argued that admins might as well !pitlane them which isn't very good IMO.
Good idea in theory with the new patch but as mentioned it wouldn't really be smart on the server.
You could make a Hospital tho. Somewhere away from the pits where you can only do a pit stop, not free pit
(2015-03-31 13:34)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]...especially as we now can place actual repair zones on decent places around the track.

Additionally, I think meds and tows should do a bit more than just driving around and press !pitstop+.

that.
If I remember right, I suggested this for the MEDs last year - as the TOW tows the cars, the MEDs could go anywhere to spawn a PIT box to fix the car (kinda more like a medic).
I suggested it to make a bit bigger difference between the MEDs and TOWs, but it's up to you. I think that for the MEDs it might be quite nice to have this option instead of doing the exactly same thing as TOWs. Plus it would also be more convinient in places where it's nearly impossible to actually tow the cars, like on slopes or random places off track.

EDIT: This service could be with a fixed price for it, so the person can choose either pay, for example, 100EUR for the PIT or donate less to the MED for towing.
As already has been said, a good idea in theory but it takes away the fun from TOWs, MEDs and RES.
I like the idea but it would take away from the TOW/MED job, which aren't doing that much already.
Reference URL's