[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Lights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys

Got a problem with both TC lights and Tommy lights, which ever one im using at the time. After everychase when i stop the lights it keeps on turning of my headlights (3) and i have to press 3 to turn them bk on again, this never used to happen. Any suggestion as to why this is happening

Thankyou
I use TC Lights and do not have any problems.
Maybe virus?
I used to have one and when I was writing in chat it was changing my letters...
Fresh Win7 install helped me.
Have done virus scans

1) AVG free
2) Windows Defender
3) Spybot search & Destroy

All clear nothing detected
(2012-01-18 13:21)porez Wrote: [ -> ]...I used to have one and when I was writing in chat it was changing my letters...

That's normal iirc.
It's what it's designed to do; press 3.
This is what it types:
9 ... 3 ... 3 ... 3 ... 3 ... 30 ... 39 ...

The first 3 turns them on, second turns them off.
When you turn the application off after the first three, they stay on.
When you turn the application off after the second three, the headlights are off.

Same with Tommy's emergency lights (or how that's called).
Just turn the strobe off when the headlights are on, and you should be fine.

(2012-01-18 13:21)porez Wrote: [ -> ]I use TC Lights and do not have any problems.
Maybe virus?
I used to have one and when I was writing in chat it was changing my letters...
Fresh Win7 install helped me.

I don't get how a virus turns on/off headlights in LFS.
Typing 3, 9 and 0 are the tasks of the application, and it will always do that. Most strobe programs also press backspace after every number, so while typing, it won't type numbers etc.
Though, as you usually press shift etc, backspace can fail, and numbers or #, (), 0 and other things can come up while typing.

Happens, it's something with the program, not a virus or a problem with windows.
Neither program knows what the actual state of the headlights are - they have to make certain assumptions.

Under normal circumstances, TC Lights (and probably the others that use '3') will attempt to put the lights back to the state they were in when they were turned on. However, there are various factors that can stop it from happening properly:
- You press '3' an odd (not even) number of times while the program is enabled
- The chat window is opened for specific lengths of time
- Something else occasionally blocking the key-presses
- You press another key while the program presses the '3' key

Unfortunately, there is no simple way for the program to account for these factors - you'll probably have to live with manually turning your lights back on/off after the chase.

It would be possible to integrate OutGauge into the program, which could help solve the issue, but that would require a much more complicated setup by the user to get it working.
Thanks for the replies guys, helps alot..i will just have to turn them back on..

Smile
Reference URL's