[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Ability to use !hazard while driving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here's a suggestion to make the !hazard available to cops while moving. Perhabs make it applicable at speeds up to 50-80 km/h? That way you can tow someone on the Autobahn(for example) without using !caution, which makes the opposite traffic slow down unnecessarily.
Im with you on this one.
I like this idea, I've had it a few times where I've been slowing to a stop but before I could put !hazard on and there are already cars coming from behind speeding. If there was a 50kph leeway to set it up before a full stop it could give the users behind more time to slow.

+1
I think it will be very beneficial for Cops and HWA to use Hazard on the move. But it would have to be done rather strategically as Hazards can't just be randomly places as you only get the notice within a certain viewing angle (I believe 45 degrees from the rear of the car).
This could be quite useful on the Autobahn, +1 from me as well.
I think it should at least be allowed up to say, 20kph, allowing you to reposition yourself with the hazard sign on without it switching itself off.
A good idea because !caution dont become that attention like !hazard.
+1
why not link it to reporting danger on the road or have an option under that
Because people will overuse and abuse it then i think.
and make it visible for longer distance.

100 meters, the roadblocked, it gets a long lane or just people in 250kph at ab that uses more than 100meters to slowdown
+1 From Me.
+1 From me.
+1 from me too
(2015-05-05 19:50)Sadie Wrote: [ -> ]and make it visible for longer distance.

100 meters, the roadblocked, it gets a long lane or just people in 250kph at ab that uses more than 100meters to slowdown

A longer distance would be nice too. Nice idea Sadie. Maybe 200-250m?
+1 From me
+1 but why not set it in an area and then you could move around helping the person, if you go 50m away from the point where you set the hazard it automatically disables.
Simply no. As everyone would use it while towing and it also is mostly ineffective as it, as mentioned above, only shows up in a narrow beam behind the car.
It has a clearly defined purpose and that's good. People should rather use their heads a bit more. If you, for instance, need to warn people earlier, simply place it a bit before the incident.

Another common problem is that tows often just switch their eyes and brains off when towing and only focus on ONE car but ignore that there are 39 others.

In dangerous situations, like on the AB, they should FIRST secure the area, ie by pushing the car to one side of the road and wait there, while keeping the other lane clear so that traffic can pass the scene and doesn't crash into them. Finally, when HwA or other units have secured the road with hazard sign, they should begin with the actual towing, but not before.

I've also seen it very often that tows try to flip a car while it is on the actual driving lane, where it would have been very easy to push it onto the hard shoulder (or any other safer place) first and do their actions there.
That's the professional way to do it and that's the only way to do it.

So bottom line, we don't need more or bigger signs, the problems that tows encounter are very often self-caused.

Some quotes from the tow-guide:
http://www.city-driving.co.uk/manual/tow_guide

*Do not overuse the !caution. It will make people ignore it more and more.

*Less cautions on scene. If you're not directly involved in towing when other people are on scene, turn your caution off, and park offside the road. Many caution signs on one spot makes it confusing for approaching traffic to realise the scene.

*Do not block the entire road. If you're safeguarding a scene, or just waiting, make sure you (and the other cars) don't block the entire road. Better line-up on one side. Always leave a gap so that people who failed to brake in time have an emergency exit.
Chuck I think we understand why Tows can't use it but the suggestion was more aimed for Cops and HwA in aid of securing the scene safely. That's what I thought anyways.
Or atleast increase how far you can drive when hazard is on, it now disables after moving a few meters, increasing that may help (?)
It is like setting a hazard triangle up in the street to warn road users of an accident ahead. It isn't movable either.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's