[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: InSim question - traffic lights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's me again with another idea. Since the newest version of LFS allows placing those traffic light looking start lights, I was wondering, if it is actually possible to make working intersection traffic lights from those, or the virtual button type InSim lights is the only option? I think this might add a nice touch to the server Smile I've been googling stuff for the past two days to find info on how the InSim is related to the start lights and so on, and can't really find anything anywhere. Maybe there's someone who can at least tell me if that's possible at all?
You mean like in real life? would be nice to
The normal use of this lights its red , and when race start green.. never know if can do anything there but would be nice to have it working Smile
That's why I'm asking, maybe Chuck might give me an answer, as I know there are other cruise servers using "button" traffic lights from InSim, which appear once you pull up to an intersection. So if the InSim system could change the lights form red to green and vice versa without having to start race from beginning, it might work to create actual traffic lights. Smile
I found a link with a video where can see an example of it:
http://social.xfire.com/videos/43f40f
There was a Latvian cruise server, which had a similar system, therefore I think it might be made to work together with objects. Even if the actual traffic light-type objects don't work that way, it could be created in a different way, e.g. like this, by using the same way the roadblocks appear after typing the !roadblock command:

[Image: jNuTt97.png]

I'm not sure if the InSim can make objects change colour, because then it could be replaced with just one big tyre stack, which changes colour
Most people would ignore traffic lights, or at least after a few days when the novelty wears off. Then there would be crashes and more arguments than ever before. Tongue

It's a no from me anyway. It seems "cool" but it would cause problems, and doing it with objects doesn't look particularly good.
People would ignore the red light for sure, but most already ignore the white lines when there's traffic anyway. I wouldn't be against giving it a try.
As nice as the feature is, the only way I see the tires changing colour is by removing them then re-placing them in a separate form which could be demanding on the insim and server itself, never mind other people's setups Tongue

At this moment of time, traffic lights are not appropriate in my opinion, more hassle than it's worth (most people wont respect them anyways)
I think it would be cool if working properly with actual lights. Not objects.

As for people ignoring them... well, they ignore other traffic laws anyways, so no difference here.

Edit: I didnt realize this was an old post....
Reference URL's