[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Roleplaying Points
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The cop W/L system causes so much conflict that it's just pointless now, people care so much about losing a chase and care much less that the entire chase was great fun since the loss is a permanent stat that can never be regained.

Personally I thought that the XP system should still include a loss system when you lose a chase since you can at least gain back XP that you lost, therefore making the whole chasing experience less stressful even when you lose.

As for RP points, I agree that Response Points is a much better name since it's exactly what you're earning them for.
(2015-05-10 12:26)Howlin Wrote: [ -> ]Personally I thought that the XP system should still include a loss system when you lose a chase since you can at least gain back XP that you lost, therefore making the whole chasing experience less stressful even when you lose.

If it is made so people can lose XP, it should certainly not be like it was before. For example, it is quite silly that a cop would LOSE XP if he lost the chase after 50 KM. That 50 KM would have yielded no result at all (in fact, a negative one), and that is quite disheartening.
Yes but he can still regain that XP without having to worry about his stats being 'ruined' per say, therefore it wouldn't be as stressful. Also, if somebody ruins your chase by being careless, at least it's only the chase they're screwing up rather than peoples stats.

Rewarding for a loss does seem quite strange despite the fact that you're still gaining experience as a COP.
(2015-05-10 12:31)Howlin Wrote: [ -> ]Rewarding for a loss does seem quite strange despite the fact that you're still gaining experience as a COP.

XP stands for experience. It is not humanly possible to lose experience at something and therefore XP will only ever increase.
If you look at it in that respect, sure.

If you look at it as a ranking up system then losing rank points is not a bad idea to keep the system challenging, it adds that sense of caring about a chase, making sure you win it but without the disadvantage of losing a stat that you cannot regain should you or somebody else make a mistake. Gaining XP for whatever doesn't feel as achieving as getting XP for winning and losing XP for losing.

Personally, I like that better but if you and the community disagrees then I don't have any problems with only gaining XP.
(2015-05-10 11:35)BP Wrote: [ -> ]People took that far too seriously and even refrained from chasing others in a fear that their ratio would get damaged.

(2015-05-10 12:26)Howlin Wrote: [ -> ]The cop W/L system causes so much conflict that it's just pointless now,

what conflicts? i still wont chase people where i know i dont have a chance(or only minimal) to win. thats the pointless part imho.

(2015-05-10 12:26)Howlin Wrote: [ -> ]since the loss is a permanent stat that can never be regained.

the most significant stats were the win loss RATIO anyway. and there it was possible to regain a loss.
Barney Wrote:what conflicts? i still wont chase people where i know i dont have a chance(or only minimal) to win. thats the pointless part imho.

I am a bit confused that you quoted me in that post because I can't really express myself any clearer and I never mentioned conflicts.
Once you've got a loss added to your W/L rating, it's permanent, there's no way to get rid of it and it is always shown.

As for the conflicts, a lot of people became way more frustrated than is worth from losing a chase especially when it's due to somebody else getting in your way or spinning you out etc. People concentrate more on their cop & robber W/L than actually having fun in a chase, I mean how many times in a day do you see a cop or suspect complaining about ramming, slight mistakes, lucky escapes and people causing them to lose their chase? It's frustrating sure, but if you don't lose a stat that can never be removed (since people care so much about stats) then it can't be half as frustrating if the worst should happen. Cops make bad maneuvers sometimes, mistakes happen, people lose concentration, it's human to do so and yet people get so angry at other when that's what happens because it causes them to lose their own stats.

Personally, I stopped caring about my own stats when I realized that chasing is supposed to be fun, not stressful, if I lose after having a blast in a chase then so what? It was fun so I don't care, the problem comes when people who do care about their stats (too much) have a great chase, but because it was a loss at the end due to somebody elses mistake they have to take it out on them.

The problem can't be fully solved for sure, that is unless people learn to realise that now there's no W/L, losing a chase doesn't affect them like it used to but surely this system will make it less stressful?
(2015-05-10 12:58)BP Wrote: [ -> ]
Barney Wrote:what conflicts? i still wont chase people where i know i dont have a chance(or only minimal) to win. thats the pointless part imho.

I am a bit confused that you quoted me in that post because I can't really express myself any clearer and I never mentioned conflicts.

(2015-05-10 12:56)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-10 11:35)BP Wrote: [ -> ]People ... refrained from chasing others ...
... i still wont chase people where i know i dont have a chance ...

regardless of losses being recorded or not. the conflicts obviously mentioned by howlin. one answer for two quotes it was.
I completely see what Barney is getting at. It's the same as this whole situation about people thinking that others go MED because they've "lost their COP rights and want to use a siren." In this scenario, people think that others don't chase other people because "they are scared of getting a loss on their record." This is definitely not generalised to the whole server because there are obviously people, like me or Barney I expect, who don't chase others because it would be a waste of a chase.

Say you're in a TBO and they're in an FZ5/XFR and the track has lots of straights where you know it's inevitable that you're going to lose instantly, what's the point in starting the chase? For the enjoyment? I don't really see the enjoyment of losing a chase to someone who's quite clearly faster than you in seconds. Sure, there are probably some people who did not chase someone for the fear of getting a loss on their COP record, but I'd say the majority (or at least half) thought that they should only "pick on someone their own size."

That's why I disagree with the removal of the Win/Loss ratio, there was certainly not any annoyance when losing at my end (or at least very little), only when it was clearly not my fault and someone else ruined the chase.
(2015-05-10 21:36)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]only when it was clearly not my fault and someone else ruined the chase.

My point exactly.
yep, ours too. i rage more about the loss rather then the stat being ruined.
it just sucks, no matter of the loss being recorded or not. ESPECIALLY if you have a long and really fun chase getting ruined by one stupid move! dont really mind being wrecked after a minute. i always totally ignored my robberstats, as i'm just bad. never have a problem loosing, even expect to loose every chase, but still hate ppl pulling shitty/illegal moves and rage hard(as u know Tongue) but mostly not long. whatever, they are gone now and we gotta live with it. li'l sad that this was all done without getting a tiny bit of input from the community.

the more important part is how the RPs and also the XPs are calculated. still a miracle to me. what is considered? length? time? car? suspect car? is this already a final version?

€: oh one last aspect of the w/l ratio! it was actually the only relevant indication of someones performance(or how they take care of their stats, or how they pick their "victims", or a summary of all together)!
with the new system we basically have just Nolife Points Tongue wich we already have in m money, kms, online time... most active will get to the top, no matter how they perform.
Barney Wrote:is this already a final version?

Probably not.

I can't answer the rest.
(2015-05-10 11:35)BP Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-10 10:31)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't seem like the RP points count towards anything at the moment, or is that just me?

To me, the COP Win/Loss ratio was a sense of accomplishment, which the XP does not seem to bring.

People took that far too seriously and even refrained from chasing others in a fear that their ratio would get damaged.

This now also encourages more even chases. Hopefully people won't feel the need to go FZ5/XFR to win every chase (I am aware some users use those cars because they genuinely enjoy driving them).

Players will always be unsatisfied whatever we do.

If this is the result, then this should've been done years ago. Things get quite boring when you're barely being chased anymore lol.
Johan. Wrote:then this should've been done years ago

Maybe, but it seems some years ago there wasn't this obsessive need to win all the time and therefore people didn't report cops for small reasons. Those 2 points may seem unrelated, but it seems that people are so ridiculously competitive with their win/lose that they will do almost anything to satisfy themselves. This also included, as mentioned earlier in the thread, refraining from chasing in some instances.

I would personally not be opposed to the stats displaying the amount of won chases as a cop and robber respectively, as well as all the XP stuff.
The COP W/L
Robber as well are still being recorded... chuck?!
They are recorded but hidden but also planned to be removed in close future. As long its physically there people get ideas.
The total number of chases may take that place.
I just finished a pursuit.

Even though the suspect lost he got more XP than each cop.

I don't understand the new system really? Can it be explained?

Sorry,
KooKoo
It's basically the difference in car class between each cop and robber multiplied by the time. Its pretty easy for a "loser" to get more points than the "winner" if the loser uses a less powerful car. That effect basically sums up the more people are involved in the chase.
(2015-05-11 12:52)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]It's basically the difference in car class between each cop and robber multiplied by the time. Its pretty easy for a "loser" to get more points than the "winner" if the loser uses a less powerful car. That effect basically sums up the more people are involved in the chase.

I understand now.

Thanks for the clarification chuck.

KooKoo
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's