[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: CityLiga 20 Round 8 - Results & Rankings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Results

Round 8 of CityLiga season 20 took place at Kyoto Grand Touring (KY32), an open configuration circuit based on Kyoto GP Long (KY3) except it uses the other part of the oval section adding 2 right-hand hairpins to this already lengthy track increasing lap times by around 10 seconds. The choice of cars for round 8 were the XF GTR and UF GTR with 16kg of added mass. All of the [TC] Racing drivers chose to use the XFR which would be mighty in a straight line but would be disadvantaged in the corners to the UFR.

Howlin qualified 16th in Grid 2 which put him right among the action going into the 25 lap race. Unfortunately Howlin got tangled up with Blacky into the 3rd corner of the first lap which dropped him to last. He managed to claw back several places getting up to 15th before dropping the car into the notorious gravel trap at the right-hander after the underpass. He managed to keep it out of the wall but fried his tyres upon rejoining. Instead of doing a cool-down lap, he chose to end his race and retired.

Grid 1 was full of great battles and interesting strategies, Elmo qualified in 18th, Luke in 14th, Nick in 10th and Pete in 7th after a tense qualifying session. The top 10 separated by 1 second. Elmo drove a steady race, gaining a few positions early on but then dropped it into the same gravel trap as Howlin. He managed to gain 2 more places during the race finishing a respectable 15th. Luke's race got off to a great start immediately gaining positions. He managed to get inside the top 10 after only a handful of laps but on lap 10, it all went wrong as his connection gave up and he lost connection to the server. A real shame as he was bound to score good points for his championship as well as for the team. Nick's start was possibly the worst of anyones! After a promising getaway, he too visited the gravel trap after the underpass and fell to last. On his next lap he lost control of the car into the arena section before the first hairpin onto the oval and binned his XFR into the wall. Since the lead car had not started lap 3, he was able to pit and rejoin. On a track with a lap that is nearly 3 minutes long, it was a recovery drive from this point on for Nick. He gained a couple of places and finished 18th. He will no doubt be disappointed with this result but with mouse, the XFR is certainly a tricky car, especially on this demanding track. My race got off to a pretty good start, I spent the first stint battling my way to the front. As people began to make their stops I took over the lead of the race for two laps before making my own stop, rejoining in third. During the second stint I lost a place to Szarka and came home in 4th. Overall it was a disappointing round for [TC] Racing but we still came home with good points. Elmo progressed to 30th in the driver rankings and I maintained my 5th place going into the last 2 rounds of the season.

Next round sees the UF1 take on 2 x 27 lap sprint races at Aston Cadet (AS1) which promises to be an intense penultimate round for CityLiga season 20, albeit slow compared to this round! The last sprint race in this season was good for [TC] Racing so we look forward to repeating that performance in two weeks time!

Grid One

[Image: r1.png]

Grid Two

[Image: r2.png]

Rankings

[Image: cl20r8s.png]

LFS Report - Round 8

Reference URL's