[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Unban Req. (Unban Request Denied by Thomas)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
- Your LFS Username: Hayaku Warrier

- Time & Date of Incident About 5mins ago

- Replay / Screenshot Link: n/a
- Replay Timestamps: n/a

- Reasons as to why you think you deserve an unban:

Basically, entered the server, forgot I had revlimiter on in tweak, got auto banned Sad

Innocent mistake, any chance I can get unbanned? Smile
There is no insim ban, therefore I don't think we can unban you. I think it is an LFS server ban, and I don't know how long it will be. May be another admin can help with that.
Had a quick search, can't find any info on the duration of the ban :/

Regards,

Ben
Edit:

I can connect to other servers fine? Confused
(2012-01-22 11:44)Honda.Ben Wrote: [ -> ]Had a quick search, can't find any info on the duration of the ban :/

Regards,

Ben
Edit:

48 hours, I believe. It should expire shortly but we don't unban for CPW's.
(2012-01-22 12:27)Thomas Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-22 11:44)Honda.Ben Wrote: [ -> ]Had a quick search, can't find any info on the duration of the ban :/

Regards,

Ben
Edit:

Sorry, what's CPW?

But, could you unban if you wanted to?
(2012-01-22 12:34)Honda.Ben Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-22 12:27)Thomas Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Ben
Edit:

Sorry, what's CPW?

But, could you unban if you wanted to?

CPW is Cheat Protection something or other (the type of ban issued to people who hack LFS). Yes, we can (well only a leader), but we don't, and never have or will make an exception to this. You'll just need to wait it out.
Out of curiosity, how come that's the case?

Surely if I was attempting to actually hack or something, i'd just get banned again the next time i tried?
(2012-01-22 13:04)Honda.Ben Wrote: [ -> ]Out of curiosity, how come that's the case?

Surely if I was attempting to actually hack or something, i'd just get banned again the next time i tried?

It's a server ban, not an insim ban, so only leaders can execute the unban.

How do we know you weren't trying to hack? I'm not saying you were, but everyone always comes up with the same excuse. We don't have the resources or time to jump on every CPW fail. You need to learn to be more careful.
(2012-01-22 13:10)Thomas Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-22 13:04)Honda.Ben Wrote: [ -> ]Out of curiosity, how come that's the case?

It's a server ban, not an insim ban, so only leaders can execute the unban.

How do we know you weren't trying to hack? I'm not saying you were, but everyone always comes up with the same excuse. We don't have the resources or time to jump on every CPW fail. You need to learn to be more careful.

I know this proves nothing but,

http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...1#pid18761

It was just after making that video.
My point is, as far as i'm aware, lfs will always detect the tweak program so it will never fail to re-ban, why not have a policy such as, 1 cpw unban per user per month?
Because of the lack of resources, as I've said. It should be up to the users not to connect to the servers with mods, not up to us to unban them all the time.

You will be unbanned shortly automatically when it expires.
Unban Request Denied
Reference URL's