[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Can I still fix it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, ~2 weeks ago I somehow broke my Thrustmaster F430 - I can't mount it anymore.
Whenever the mounting screw gets in contact with anything solid(like the table), it'll just "kick back". (I can screw it "all the way down" if the screw doesn't touch anything)
The screw looks okay, so I'm guessing that the hole or w.e is damaged, but I can't really find a way how to take it out, or check for the damage.. Is there any way to fix it? D:

* http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/...600-10.jpg
If the plastic part gets in contact with the table or anything solid, the screw will kick back.
Anyone? xd
Put bluetac in the whole u gunna screw in
You probably ripped out the thread that the screw goes into into. Take a good look if it is completely ripped out or heavily damaged.
thread broken by the sounds of it.
Yeah and that nut doesn't look like you can replace it without completely destroying the plastic.

A fix would be Helicoil.
(2015-05-24 13:39)bowler Wrote: [ -> ]Put bluetac in the whole u gunna screw in
What's that?

(2015-05-24 13:40)Pipa Wrote: [ -> ]You probably ripped out the thread that the screw goes into into. Take a good look if it is completely ripped out or heavily damaged.
(2015-05-24 14:27)Toni Wrote: [ -> ]thread broken by the sounds of it.
I tried looking into it, but i couldn't see anything.
I did notice that I can actually push the screw into the hole at the start, without screwing it D:

(2015-05-24 14:40)Pipa Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah and that nut doesn't look like you can replace it without completely destroying the plastic.

A fix would be Helicoil.
How would the Helicoil(Isn't it the same as a metal spring?) thing work?
Reference URL's