[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Chase
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a question.

When is chase on, as cop not in chase, I can only set up roadblock upon request, but nothing more. So, there is one chase and I start another. And suddenly I am side by side with suspect from first chase... who is clearly not respecting sirens. And there is great opportunity to execute PIT manuever...

My question is... can I help or not?
No you can't interfere.

Accidents happen though, try to focus on your own suspect and hope for the best haha.
Nope, you aren't allowed to interfere with the other chase.
Your question is a little convoluted. You are basically asking if you, as a cop, can use force against a suspect who you are not chasing? Like Virtual and Olli said, the answer is no. Smile

EDIT:

My own opinion on the matter: If he is ignoring your sirens to an extent where your own chase is in jeopardy, the last resort would be to get him out of the way with light force, but only if you need to.
That is true BP, sometimes people just won't budge, a little nudge works wonders I'm sure.

In reality though, how often is this an issue?
In all my copping time (I admit, very short) I have only ever run into the "chase inside a chase" scenario once, at least only once that I can remember.
Can't really remember how it worked itself out, I think the suspects just split from each other.

Nothing can really be done I don't think, not in the moment anyway, reports and such afterwards is always possible, but for remedying the situation live, there is few options if the suspects stay near each other.

Think I'll end here as I really have no idea what I'm talking about (inexperienced cop, maybe this happens more than I know) and I'm more theorizing on the possibilities than looking at an actuality.

:/
If people don't move out the way for sirens, give them a few seconds (it's likely they could panic) and if they still haven't moved, give the a gentle PIT and then report it to TC.

Chases often collide Tourist, that's when you really have to stick your awareness up to keep an eye on the situation.

As for using force outside of a chase. You can NOT use force, but you can use tactical roadblocks if requested by the chase leaders. Or you could even be extra nice and provide the units in the chase with directions to where the suspect is going Smile
(2015-05-28 11:02)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]If people don't move out the way for sirens, give them a few seconds (it's likely they could panic) and if they still haven't moved, give the a gentle PIT and then report it to TC.

Just to be clear, this would be a good use of the !report function versus a full blow report thread, correct?
Just to confirm, if a drivers fails to move for sirens we can give them a clean PIT or a light nudge to move them out of the way?
(2015-05-28 14:49)Dizzle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-28 11:02)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]If people don't move out the way for sirens, give them a few seconds (it's likely they could panic) and if they still haven't moved, give the a gentle PIT and then report it to TC.

Just to be clear, this would be a good use of the !report function versus a full blow report thread, correct?

Sure, if it isn't mind-blowing interference. If the interference was something to which a replay would be handy and needed, then you should forum report.

Also, I think that performing PIT manoeuvres on cars which do not move for your chase wouldn't be needed. That is just unnecessary ramming.
It all depends on the situation. I am not encouraging anyone to just pit someone if they don't move in time. Always take the safest alternative that avoids crashing or moving someone out of the way. It's not really "ramming" because it is tactical force however, some admins may have different opinions towards it like warped does as it can be "unnecessary force on another user". If the pit is going to cause no harm I personally have no major issues with it but just to be clear I am not encouraging this or that wasn't my intentions anyways, it is a last resort. Just shout an admin in !TC to watch your cchase.
My usual technique is is to gently bump the rear quarter and stay in that position as I pass. If its an accident on their part they will brake and move over. If it is intentional they will turn into you and try to cause an accident. There is no reason to perform a PIT to a vehicle not involved in the chase.
That thing where two different chases meets like that is kind of tricky situation. Why? Well...

I've been chasing few times a suspect and another suspect from another chase have appeared between me and my suspect. Then I've thought that only thing I can do is just overtake the suspect which I'm not chasing. Obviously the another suspect usually thinks that I'm after him (at least I don't usually know all the cops who are chasing me) and tries to PIT me - which of course he/she thinks is OK in case that I'm chasing him - but really I'm not. However, I've survived from that kind of situations so far, but who knows if next time the PIT manouver works and I lose my chase? I wouldn't blame the another suspect however he/she have broken the rules.

My thing is just that there should be a some kind of rule about that. Maybe cop can make a PIT manouver? Or maybe just take a risk and overtake when safe? Or maybe something else.
Its common sense that you cant PIT someone that you arent chasing. We dont need ANOTHER rule. Use common sense. You can easily out maneuver them to get around. Unless you are chasing a SO member.. then you dont need to worry because you wont catch them anyways.
I thought that answer for my question would be strictly "no interference", but as I can see... Everyone can agree that this is tricky situation. Can I report suspect from another chase who caused me to lost my chase? Stupid, right? Smile

I think I will stick with "no interference". And if suspect tries to pit, i pit back. Smile

Its only a game. We all supposed to have fun. Smile
Reference URL's