[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: CityLiga 20 Round 9 - Results & Rankings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Results

The penultimate round of CityLiga Seaon 20 took place on Monday and the results are in. Here's our roundup of round 9, 2 x 27 lap races at Aston Cadet (AS1) with the UF1.

Unfortunately Luke was unable to race this week but luckily this did not affect his championship too much. Fortunately he had a drop result remaining and so he actually gained 3 places in the driver's championship without even being there!

In Grid 2 the top 14 were separated by less than 1 second in qualifying, Howlin putting his UF1 in 14th with a time of 1:08.17. He managed to convert this qualifying into a 14th place finish in the first race. He had better luck in the second race managing 12th securing good points for his total moving him up one position to 41st overall.

In Grid 1, qualifying was intense. The entire field of 21 cars were separated by less than a second, the top 10 by less than 3 tenths! Both Nick and I managed to qualify inside the top 10. Nick put it in 9th with a 1:07.36 and I started in 4th with a 1:07.23. Elmo started 16th with a 1:07.70 which was only .6 off of the pole time! Overall we did well here in what was the closest qualifying of the season so far.

20 cars finished the first race and I think it's safe to say Elmo had the roughest ride of the three of us. Starting well, he immediately gained a position. However on lap 6, he took a very shallow line into the last corner and was hit from behind sending him into the gravel trap on the exit, dropping down to 18th, losing valuable time. Over the remaining laps he managed to gain a couple of positions and in the end managed to match his qualifying position of 16th.

Nick managed to stay with the lead pack for the entirety of the first race and stayed inside the top 10 finishing 8th. This would prove to be massively helpful going into the second race where the top 11 drivers were reversed! Nick started 4th in race 2.

After a fraught opening lap I managed to find a rhythm and stayed at the front of the leading group of cars. I converted my good qualifying into my 4th podium of the season with another 2nd place. With the top 11 being swapped, this meant I started 10th for the second race. On a track where overtaking opportunities are hard to come by, I wasn't looking forward to the second race!

Race 2 wasn't very fruitful for Elmo who after a good start got involved in a T1 incident on lap 7 which sent him down into the trailing pack who stayed with him for the rest of the race meaning it was difficult to have a go at the cars ahead. Elmo finished 17th in race 2.

Nick's 4th place start proved to be just what he needed to return a good result for himself and the team. After a great start, he got up into 3rd briefly but a small incident on lap 5 entering the downhill chicane section dropped him to 8th. After this, he was a man on a mission and fought his way to his best finish of the season, a 6th place!

Starting from 10th, the mass of cars ahead of me wasn't a welcoming sight but because of the nature of reversed grid starts, the cars further down the field would all be trying to get past cars that were slower in the previous race meaning casualties were inevitable. After an initially bad getaway I was relying on the cars ahead battling so that I could catch up. By capitalising on gaps which opened up due to battles up ahead, I managed to weave my way through to another podium finish, this time a 3rd place.

The tiny track and the tiny car made this round huge fun for all involved. Especially Cali Winkler who after a safe drive, was named the CityLiga 20 champion with 1 race to go, he takes his 5th CityLiga title!

The final round of CityLiga Season 20 takes us back to Fern Bay to a 30 lap race with the Formula XR (FOX) around Fern Bay Black Reversed (FE4R). Hopefully, the CityLiga staff will have sorted their stream by then so we can bring you the LiveStream for what we hope will be a huge scrap for the remaining podium positions in the driver's championship.

Grid One

Race One
[Image: CityLiga%20Round%209%20-%20Race%201%20-%...6swi3u.png]

Race Two - (Incorrect Results)
[Image: CityLiga%20Round%209%20-%20Race%202%20-%...ubcxsr.png]

Grid Two

Race One
[Image: CityLiga%20Round%209%20-%20Race%201%20-%...utrse5.png]

Race Two
[Image: CityLiga%20Round%209%20-%20Race%202%20-%...hng6vf.png]

Rankings

[Image: cl20r9s.png]