[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Improvement of !move
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Since many people ignore sirens and are always asked to move via !move, why not display the "Move for police >>>" (Below the "SIREN") Onto their screen since most of them really don't care about chat or don't pay attention to it.

A move for police in their screen looks like its going to improve the situation of chases being safer.

What do you think?
I don't think it will improve anything. People that ignore Sirens and all the information on the screen will continue to ignore it no matter what you decide to show on the screen. It will help for people who already respect them, not the others.
Im with sebas..if u are ignoring the big Siren,dint going to change anything with this below it.But its a good idea
I don't think this would help the situation at all. People will always continue to ignore sirens no matter what is done to prevent that. If you simply spot a user ignoring sirens on multiple occasions, just speak to them in-game. If they refuse to listen to what you're trying to say, then a report might be the only option left to do.
Not to mention cops who just panic and do !move when the person isn't even in the way.
What about the Move for police only shows on the Driver screen instead of global chat
(2015-06-02 06:53)BP Wrote: [ -> ]Not to mention cops who just panic and do !move when the person isn't even in the way.

i hear ppl often complain about this. its neither panic, nor spam. its just if some one is driving for example slow, or on the grass, or both, he obviously might be distracted or may pull back onto the road or uturn. a move-bind in this case is not to get them to move even further, it is to catch their attention. experience just showed this. as long as ppl dont hit !move three to five times it is totally fine and will keep doing this.
Well, just to add to my suggestion; I think it should be written in Arabic also. Really. (But only for the driver on his screen)
Or arabics should learn english just like everyone else.
Yeah ok teach them frozen.
(2015-06-02 08:06)KooKoo Wrote: [ -> ]Well, just to add to my suggestion; I think it should be written in Arabic also. Really. (But only for the driver on his screen)

Im spanish.And others jaoanese.Amd others.... Cant translate all the insim to the languages,just use the English one
(2015-06-02 08:33)Borja Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-02 08:06)KooKoo Wrote: [ -> ]Well, just to add to my suggestion; I think it should be written in Arabic also. Really. (But only for the driver on his screen)

Im spanish.And others jaoanese.Amd others.... Cant translate all the insim to the languages,just use the English one

Nah I mean like a small one under the english one but yeah your right, that suggestion was useless lol.
(2015-06-02 08:23)KooKoo Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah ok teach them frozen.

English lessons for arabic people.

http://www.internetpolyglot.com/lessons-ar-en
Interesting idea, however when I'm cruising - is it really necessary to block the screen anymore? There are rules in place regarding the siren, if you target this by creating a new InSim button and introducing a rule to obey it. People will behave just the same? I think it is not necessary, just enforce the current rules and report the person to a TC if it is a continuous trend.
I can see the idea behind this being quite good, from my perspective.

Sometimes when I am racing around (ok, most times) I pay 0% attention to the chat, more so the faster I am trying to go. The times I do look at it are just either spam, chat that doesn't involve me, or something else that is otherwise just distracting me from the driving. Due to this I am positive I miss out on being told to move, most of the times I see myself get requested to move I have already done so or I am not even in the way.

It's a very hit and miss thing I feel, it all comes down to what a driver is doing at the exact moment he is told to !move, is he looking at the chat? Is he even looking at the screen?? These things we can never know, moment to moment.

Personally this would help me, as I don't look at the chat all of the time, so it popping up in my screen somewhere would be a good little eye catcher.
The sirens popping up do that well enough really, although sometimes I notice a chase can pass me before I even see sirens, always latency will be inevitable and the higher the speeds, the more it's noticeable.

Having said all that though, I can't ignore what others (no doubt more experienced with the dynamics of TC) have previously said, so I'm torn on this one personally.
(2015-06-02 07:47)Morreboy Wrote: [ -> ]What about the Move for police only shows on the Driver screen instead of global chat

I'm not sure about this. Admins will sometimes see a lot of "MOVE" messages for a person and will begin to spec them.

(2015-06-02 07:50)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-02 06:53)BP Wrote: [ -> ]Not to mention cops who just panic and do !move when the person isn't even in the way.

i hear ppl often complain about this. its neither panic, nor spam. its just if some one is driving for example slow, or on the grass, or both, he obviously might be distracted or may pull back onto the road or uturn. a move-bind in this case is not to get them to move even further, it is to catch their attention. experience just showed this. as long as ppl dont hit !move three to five times it is totally fine and will keep doing this.

Okay, but notice I never mentioned spam. I just said people use !move when the person is not in the way, and, despite your post, I don't see the point of it. The big "SIREN" on the screen is enough warning for them and therefore, I tend to only use !move when I actually want the person to move because they didn't notice/chose to ignore the aforementioned big "SIREN". However, the use of !move is down to personal preference, as long as the person isn't just doing it for fun, or spamming, then you won't get penalised.

IMO the more !move is being shoved about in chat, the more people take less notice of it.
I also sometimes don't pay attention to the closest chase next to me and that is because of the MANY MANY sirens on my screen, therefore I do not know which one is actually close to me. A cop doing a !move bind will show me 'move for police' on the screen and it will ofcourse make me pay attention to the 'move for police' immediately because it pops up, then i'll move.

(2015-06-02 06:53)BP Wrote: [ -> ]IMO the more !move is being shoved about in chat, the more people take less notice of it.

This exactly proves my point, BP.

To make the 'MOVE FOR POLICE' only appear on a specific driver's screen that is infront of the chase.
Reference URL's