[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: selectable fine for all interrupted chases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I suggest to set a selectable fine for all interrupted chases

because of people leaving the server in chases and avoiding a potentially high fine.
Mostly people who dont take care of their surroundings in a chase and hit civilians are those who aswell disconnect. Plus most cops dont really cba to do a report for this, but its still annoying.

If we had a selectable fine, "Rule 3.1. Do not leave the chase." could be completely removed since:
"Do not jump back to pits (shift+p), go into spectator mode (shift+s)"
is from what i've heard back from the old days and not even necessary anymore.
IMO cops dont have any disadvantage from a suspect giving up that way. They still bust and they still can pick the fine. And still people complain about it, just to be a smart-arse faultfinder and to point fingers at someone? Or for what reason? my suspects are always free to pit whenever they want. And if we had a selectable fine for disconnects, they could do that aswell.

Or did i miss any points that make that rule actually reasonable?
Barney Wrote:I suggest to set a selectable fine for all interrupted chases

+1

As for the rule itself, obviously people should never disconnect before busted/before fine is issued because cops may want to high-fine for a valid reason.

As for pitting/speccing during chase, justifiable sometimes and I don't think I've ever penalised for it (I could be wrong here).
It has a technical reason why you cannot select a fine in this particular case.
If people actively abuse it then !report would be appropriate. On the other hand, its a #firstworldproblem, isn't it?
(2015-06-04 19:57)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]It has a technical reason why you cannot select a fine in this particular case.
If people actively abuse it then !report would be appropriate. On the other hand, its a #firstworldproblem, isn't it?

The cops should still get a chance to choose the fine. And what if the person loses connection? A report would be useless..

I know it's not a huge problem but it just seems consistent for the selectable fine to work in that case, too.
actually first wrote a text for the case that its not possible(without big work), but deleted it cuz thought the chances are too low

yes, i agree its kind of a first world problem. still its unsatisfying(especially if a suspect was douching around in the chase) and a report is really over the top for theese cases when there werent other reportable incidents imho.

Then i suggest to set the default fine to high(or at least suggested) for the cases of disconnecting if thats possible?

and apart from that case, even if there arent any changes made, the second part regarding allowing shift+p and shift+s stands.
(2015-06-04 16:50)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]"Do not jump back to pits (shift+p), go into spectator mode (shift+s)"
IMO cops dont have any disadvantage from a suspect giving up that way. They still bust and they still can pick the fine.

Can we pls remove that line from the rules? Once again i had a totally useless discussion with a weird cop. i pitted like 1 second too early after i gave up my chase and stood still for 4 seconds, still he started a useless argument. and even after being told that he has no single disadvantage he refuses to answer "why" he even insists on it. just to be a smartass and to point fingers at someone.

so pls just remove that line so ppl are free to pit or spec in chases. thx.
(2016-03-13 10:07)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-04 16:50)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]"Do not jump back to pits (shift+p), go into spectator mode (shift+s)"
IMO cops dont have any disadvantage from a suspect giving up that way. They still bust and they still can pick the fine.

Can we pls remove that line from the rules? Once again i had a totally useless discussion with a weird cop. i pitted like 1 second too early after i gave up my chase and stood still for 4 seconds, still he started a useless argument. and even after being told that he has no single disadvantage he refuses to answer "why" he even insists on it. just to be a smartass and to point fingers at someone.

so pls just remove that line so ppl are free to pit or spec in chases. thx.

There was an internal discussion about that topic very recently actually. The general consensus was to keep the rule in place.

Whilst this rule was more applicable in the older [TC] days, it still exists because the gameplay quality will decrease if people constantly pit or spec whilst they're being chased. For instance, some cops would be pretty annoyed if they're about to pull off a perfect box and the suspect instantly pits to avoid it. Yes, the suspect would be auto-busted but the cops would miss out on the satisfaction of properly busting a suspect. That would become a problem in a server which largely revolves around chases/cops n' robbers.

This particular rule is not strictly enforced and in your aforementioned case I doubt it would be enforced at all. People will moan about anything.

Obviously no one should ever disconnect during a chase (or before they've been fined) because the cop may want to choose the high fine.
Initially asked for points i missed and actually didnt think of pitting during maneuvres. Thx for clarifying, makes sense. should stay.
(2016-03-13 10:33)BP Wrote: [ -> ][size=x-small][quote='Barney' pid='207134' dateline='1457863634']
[quote='Barney' pid='174185' dateline='1433436640']
Obviously no one should ever disconnect during a chase (or before they've been fined) because the cop may want to choose the high fine.

Why not make it so cops can choose a fine in this case?
IIRC you can select the fine if the player is still on the server, but not if they disconnected. It's a technical limitation as I stated above. When a player leaves, the profile (money, stats, etc) needs to be saved immediatly as the player could reconnect or connect to a different tc server and that would cause data inconsistancies. Hence there is no time to wait for any user input.
Why not changing the auto-fine if someone leaves the server to a high one?
In some cases the cop probably wants to chose a high one anyway, and the fact that he breaks a rule by leaving the server during the chase/during bust proccess is enough reason for a high fine, IMO.
Reference URL's